ProQuest products are a gateway to the world’s knowledge. Our vast collections span six centuries, all disciplines and, the diverse content needed by researchers. We provide the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses. Researchers find three centuries of newspapers; more than half a billion academic e-books; collections of important scholarly journals and other content they need for primary source materials in their area of study.
It’s an exciting time to be working for ProQuest! You will have a unique opportunity to focus on providing the best products available for libraries to manage their collections and empower researchers to discover the content they need. The ProQuest team is a small, product focused group where our staff has regular access to seasoned experts and senior leadership. We have a culture of innovation and a versatile, collaborative environment where you can work on projects that have high visibility throughout the company. ProQuest offers excellent professional growth potential to help you thrive.
The Global Trainer is a unique opportunity here at ProQuest. Working closely with Global Sales, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams, the Global Trainer will be developing eLearning modules based on sales initiatives to build an overall tiered certification system for the ProQuest Global Sales Program. The Global Trainer will be utilizing software such as Articulate, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, and Learning Management System. Outside of the development of the trainings and the eLearning modules, the Global Trainer will be outlining and delivering the product to the Global Sales Organization at various sales meetings.
- Works closely with sales leadership, product managers, and product marketing managers, to determine priorities and topics of training content needed for the global sales team as well as other customer-facing staff, distributors, and re-sellers.
- Partners with leaders from sales, marketing, and product management to determine content for a tiered sales certification program.
- Uses existing content to create compelling, interactive blended eLearning modules that engage learners with rich media (video and audio), application simulations, branching scenarios, quizzes, and other assessment activities.
- Partners with product marketing, product management, and sales to create new content as needed for product launches and acquisitions.
- Identifies training resources and partners; collaborates with contractors to create and deliver eLearning modules.
- Manages all aspects of onboarding newly hired sales professionals.
- Coordinates and executes biannual week-long classroom training for newly hired sales professionals.
Successful candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, such Library Science, plus at least 5 years of sales, technology, or training experience in the library industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of successful eLearning deployment for global matrixed sales organization, through meeting deadlines, balancing priorities, and adapting to quickly changing situations.
- Experience in design of curriculum and training programs which align with organizational objectives.
- Course development experience and instructional design and delivery to a global sales and customer support organization.
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual, we have great benefits and working hours are flexible. Based in Ann Arbor, we are within walking distance to Downtown, Briarwood Mall and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today. Live and work in Ann Arbor, a naturally beautiful, vibrant and world-class city.
Other important information about this position:
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Back to top