Financial Analyst Senior
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Senior Financial Analyst
What will I be doing?
As Senior Financial Analyst at ProQuest, you will provide financial reporting and analytical support to the the Business Unit or Shared Service Organization. You'll work collaboratively with senior leadership to help achieve organization goals, supply critical financial information, and help to tell an overall story using the financial data and tools at your disposal.
In this position, you will also..
• Gather data, conduct analyses and prepare commentaries to explain BU or SSO financial results
• Provide recommendations and analytical support for the development/tracking of BU or SSO strategies and initiatives.
• Coordinate and advise on preparation of business cases and presentations, in partnership with the BU leadership.
• Coordinate the annual budget, periodic reforecast and monthly close processes for this BU or SSO as assigned.
• Serve as the Finance liaison with various members of the BU or SSO leadership team.
• Assist with ad hoc projects as identified by their manager and BU or SSO leadership.
Reasons you should apply...
1. You're comfortable working in a dynamic environment where adhoc requests can emerge and disrupt a perfectly planned day.
2. You'll partner with high-level stakeholders and have access to important organizational influencers
3. You enjoy solving the puzzle and taking ownership of your work. You see an opportunity for improvement and you take the reigns and fix it.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You prefer task-based work in a static financial cycle. Spinning plates and juggling fire should be left to the circus performers.
2. Attention to detail is exhausting for you. You'd rather have a peer police your reports and work.
3. You prefer head-down work and, in the past, you've struggled with team communication.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Bachelors' degree in related field such as Business or Finance, plus minimum of four (4) years' related professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent analytical skills and business acumen.
• Experience in complex data modeling and analysis.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
• Familiarity with the Information Services products and industry.
• Master's degree in Business Administration.
• Experience with Hyperion and Oracle.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in providing comprehensive and impactful Financial Planning and Analysis please consider joining our talented team!!
Back to top