ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
The Financial Analyst provides financial reporting and analytical support to a business unit (BU) or shared services organization (SSO), and includes the financial planning and analysis functions for assigned budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and decision support activities.
In this position, you will also…
• Assist with the development of the annual budget process, monthly close processes and periodic reforecasting exercises.
• Gather data, conduct analyses and prepare monthly and ad-hoc commentaries to explain financial results.
• Prepare regular and ad hoc daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirements.
• Provide analytical support for the development and tracking of strategies and initiatives.
• Serve as Finance liaison with various team members.
• Assist with ad hoc projects as identified by the Manager, Finance and Director, Finance.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree in Accounting/Finance plus 2 years or more of related professional experience.
• Demonstrates ability to analyze financial statements and summarize financial results.
• Demonstrates ability to problem solve and analyze large amounts of data.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
It would be awesome if you also had…
• Familiarity with publishing industry and subscription business model.
• Experience with Hyperion.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based in ProQuest’s Ann Arbor location and is not appropriate for remote work.
• Minimal travel may be required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in supporting a collaborative team with accurate and timely reporting, please consider joining our talented team!
Back to top