ExLibris Project Manager
The Project Manager will join the Project Management team responsible for helping customers in EMEA to implement Ex Libris products and provide additional professional services. The Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination of all project work, project planning, monitoring, tracking, communication, reporting, risk and scope management and escalation. The Project Manager will work directly with customers as part of a project team including implementation consultants. The role requires frequent online communication with the library project manager and may include some on-site visits. The position includes ongoing work with different stakeholders within Ex Libris such as Professional Services Teams in other regions, Global Support Teams, Cloud Team or Product Management. The role will be based in either the UK, Spain or Germany, so candidates need to be fluent in English & Spanish or English & German.
The work in Professional Services offers the opportunity for international experiences in an interesting and exciting position in the IT industry for the Higher Education market, with wide ranging responsibilities and challenging tasks in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
For more information on Ex Libris products and next generation solutions for libraries, see the Ex Libris Web site: http://www.exlibrisgroup.com
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading software implementation projects – planning and steering projects and ensuring the delivery in time, scope, quality and budget
- Coordinate all implementation tasks and other project work, including extensive cooperation with other Ex Libris teams including Cloud Services, Installation, Support, Sales and Product Management
- Create and maintain detailed project plans; monitor, track and report on project progress; manage project scope, risks and escalations
- Project control tasks
- Fully manage customer communication, relationship and expectations throughout projects
- Internal and external communication – coordinating with other departments, professional consultancy and reporting
- Use defined procedures and systems to perform and document implementation tasks
- Review and contribute to implementation tools and documents used internally and by customers, Contribute to the development and improvement of standard procedures as needed
- Occasional support in Pre-Sales activities
- Other duties as required
- Significant experience in project management in international implementation projects
- Knowledge in project management methods such as PMI, Prince 2, or GPM; certification preferred but not mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to manage several complex tasks concurrently and meet deadlines
- Ability to motivate customers and project team without direct reporting responsibility/authority
- Excellent organizational, customer management and communication skills
- Knowledge of web based information systems and experience with relational databases
- Knowledge in the information management field or library automation area would be considered an advantage
- Proficiency in MS office, MS PowerPoint and MS Project
- Proactive, well-organized team player with the ability to work independently and efficiently
- Flexibility and initiative
- Analytical skills
- Willingness to travel
- Required languages:
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Fluent in Spanish and or German (written and spoken)
- Other European languages will be considered an advantage
About Ex Libris:
Ex Libris, a ProQuest Company, is a leading provider of library SaaS solutions, offering a comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all library materials – print, electronic, and digital. Dedicated to developing the market’s most inventive and creative solutions, Ex Libris leads the way in defining and designing efficient, user-friendly products that serve the needs of academic, research, and national libraries today, enabling them to transition into the future. The company solutions are being used by over 5,600 establishments worldwide. The company provides services in over 20 languages, in 81 countries, in 6 different continents. Ex Libris’s headquarter, research, development and support centers are located in Jerusalem and the company has subsidiaries around the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top