Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company, publishes curated, discipline-focused, primary-source collections, websites, and streaming media for learning and research. We’re passionate about creating landmark online resources that help scholars and students discover and learn. We deliver previously unavailable content in ways that further research and learning.
The Executive Assistant provides high quality administrative and project support to multiple Vice Presidents and leaders within the Alexander Street organization. The successful candidate will work directly with top leadership to support efficiency and success. In addition to standard EA responsibilities, this position will provide complex and challenging projects to keep even the most curious mind interested and engaged. Come be a part of the fun and excitement at Alexander Street Press, a ProQuest company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively identifies needs and solutions that support the productivity and success of the team.
- Designs presentations and develops or procures related materials (i.e. agenda, handouts).
- Handles meeting logistics such as teleconference initiation, oversight of room set up and catering, and presentation assistance.
- Manages calendars and scheduling for designated executives.
- Books travel and related needs for designated executives and visitors.
- Processes expenses, purchasing activity, and time off on behalf of designated executives.
- Develops, shares, and implements best practices in executive and administrative support with peers.
In addition, some Executive Assistant I staff members handle the following:
- Plans meetings and events in partnership with executives.
- Provides support on corporate initiatives such as global sales meetings, leadership conferences, volunteer events, and employee appreciation/recognition events.
- Administers SharePoint or other sites that support the business.
- Participates in new hire onboarding and training processes.
- Provides coverage for other Executive Assistants during leaves of absence or other time away.
- Associates degree or higher plus a minimum of 3 years providing high quality administrative support to senior leadership.
- Strong presentation design and editing skills.
- Strong verbal and polished written communication skills.
- Ability to oversee and support processes and programs that support the business (i.e.: complex vendor agreements, expense approval processes).
- Corporate event and meeting planning skills and experience.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, with ability to manage competing demands from multiple internal clients.
- Polished, professional, assertive presence, with ability to interact with a diverse blend of personalities to positively represent the executive, gain consensus, and foster collaboration.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions.
- Ability to understand key aspects of the business and synthesize data and information to support good decision-making and prioritization.
- Ability to maintain and safeguard confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, with deep knowledge of Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint. Capacity to learn and utilize new technology and programs specific to the department or function.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Experience in a similar or related industry and/or professional services environment.
- Working knowledge of Oracle expense reporting.
- Ability to create and use Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP functions in Microsoft Excel
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in Alexandria, VA and is not conducive to remote work.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required to support business needs.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Back to top