Director of Technical Support (APAC)
The Director of Support provides leadership, oversees the day-to-day operations of the APAC Technical customer support organization, represents the Ex Libris Global Customers Support in conferences, builds and manages strategic relations with the APAC key customers.
The Technical Support Director is a member of the ProQuest Customer Experience and Operations management team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a group of approx. 20 Technical support staff in APAC, including a Technical Support managers and Technical support team leaders, and their career development. Monitor support performance data to identify trends and issues, and drive improvements to internal processes. Provide guidance, direction, and feedback in the form of KPIs and metrics to executive management.
- Drive the delivery of efficient customer support services, based on local customers’ needs, organizational goals, current operations, and understanding of applications.
- Manage customer escalations through resolution, with the focus on root cause analysis and prevention. Define, implement, and administer customer support processes, policies, procedures, requirements, and training.
- Drive the delivery of Ex Libris mature products projects, trainings and additional paid services for existing customers.
- Maintain constant and consultative interactions with customers to understand customer satisfaction and their overall usage, successes, and challenges with ProQuest and Ex Libris products. Maintain high levels of customer retention by building long term loyalty and trust. Must have an understanding of how to assimilate customer feedback, pain points and needs into meaningful and actionable support improvements.
- Interact with the various ProQuest and Ex Libris departments: Provide feedback on application, development, and deployment processes. Represent APAC customers’ needs as part of the global Technical Support management team. Participate in and provide feedback for cross department initiatives and projects. Represent APAC customers’ needs throughout the ProQuest and Ex Libris organization: with Content, Customer Experience, Books, PQIS, Cloud, Product Management, Professional Services, Marketing, Pre-Sales and Sales.
- Maintain and improve personal and institutional knowledge, with an emphasis on customer communication, detailed documentation of the problem and troubleshooting steps, and developing product knowledge.
- Provide world-class technical support to customers and maintain a professional demeanor with customers in all interactions.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Library or Information Science and familiar with library and information industry standards
Required professional experience:
- At least 8 years work experience in a software global support department
- Mother tongue languages skills (spoken and written) in English
- Proven experience with customers relationships management and software systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical language with customers and co-workers
- Professional and customer satisfaction driven attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead others
- Excellent coaching and managerial skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making and time management skills, including exposure to root cause analysis
- Strong decision and troubleshooting skills with the ability to quickly assess problems and devise solutions
- Ability to work successfully in a virtual team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in Beijing, China or Singapore
- Some travel, including international, required
- This position requires flexible work schedule and availability off-hours for emergency issue resolution
Back to top