Director of Talent Management
What is ProQuest?
ProQuest’s Mission is simple, but powerful: “Better research. Better learning. Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.” ProQuest products are a gateway to the world’s knowledge. Our vast collections span six centuries, all disciplines and, the diverse content needed by researchers. We provide the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses. Researchers find three centuries of newspapers; more than half a billion academic e-books; collections of important scholarly journals and other content they need for primary source materials in their area of study.
It’s an exciting time to be working for ProQuest! You will have a unique opportunity to focus on providing the best products available for libraries to manage their collections and empower researchers to discover the content they need. The ProQuest team is a small, product focused group where our staff has regular access to seasoned experts and senior leadership. We have a culture of innovation and a versatile, collaborative environment where you can work on projects that have high visibility throughout the company. ProQuest offers excellent professional growth potential to help you thrive.
The Director, Talent Management will develop, design and implement a strategically-aligned talent development program that will continue to drive the development and retention of top talent at ProQuest. This individual will put technical knowledge and theory into practice. They will be charged with evaluating today and planning for tomorrow in an exciting and dynamic environment.
- Create a talent management strategy that supports the onboarding, and drives the development, and retention of ProQuest’s most valuable resources.
- Drive cultural change throughout the organization.
- Identify and implement initiatives that embed continuous learning into our culture.
- Design talent management programs from concept through delivery.
- Lead ProQuest’s management and leadership development initiatives by partnering with senior leaders to identify high potential talent and drive succession planning.
- Partner with the senior leadership team to develop talent management strategies for their business unit or shared services organization.
- Utilize organizational design and development expertise to drive changes throughout ProQuest.
- Manage annual engagement survey process.
- Lead company-wide training initiatives.
- Develop and implement tools to measure program effectiveness, drive continuous improvement and ensure sustainability.
Successful Candidates Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field, plus at least 8 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically align talent management with business strategy.
- Expertise in cultural change management, organizational design, and organizational development methodologies.
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Experience designing and implementing onboarding, management and leadership development, and succession programs.
Preferred Candidates Will Have:
- PHR, SPHR or related HR certification preferred.
- HR Generalist or Business Partner experience preferred.
Why Work at ProQuest?
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual, we have great benefits and working hours are flexible. Based in Ann Arbor, we are within walking distance to Downtown, Briarwood Mall and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today. Live and work in Ann Arbor, a naturally beautiful and vibrant and world-class city.
Other important information about this position:
- Travel is required, including occasional international travel.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Back to top