Customer Service Representative
ProQuest products are a gateway to the world’s knowledge. Our vast collections span six centuries, all disciplines and, the diverse content needed by researchers. We provide the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses. Researchers find three centuries of newspapers; more than half a billion academic e-books; collections of important scholarly journals and other content they need for primary source materials in their area of study.
It’s an exciting time to be working for ProQuest! You will have a unique opportunity to focus on providing the best products available for libraries to manage their collections and empower researchers to discover the content they need. The ProQuest team is a small, product focused group where our staff has regular access to seasoned experts and senior leadership. We have a culture of innovation and a versatile, collaborative environment where you can work on projects that have high visibility throughout the company. ProQuest offers excellent professional growth potential to help you thrive.
As a Customer Service Representative for ProQuest, you will be working closely with the Dissertations department and the Technical Product Specialists to resolve IP issues, login complications, and authentication complications as well. The Customer Service Representative will be working with customers of the Dissertation product-line and will be providing status updates on orders to the clients as well as processing orders, working with Royalties to provide information to customers and also fielding and answering general questions on the process of submission of Dissertations to ProQuest.
- Provides proactive, seamless customer support in partnership with other internal departments and external vendors.
- Responds to customer inquiries with high degree of professionalism.
- Provides account maintenance support of online and traditional products, such as IP maintenance, usage, claims processing and others.
- Processes large, complex orders.
- Processes orders that are unable to flow systematically through Order Cloud.
- Provisions product access based on contract details and provide authentication information to customers.
Successful candidates must have:
- Bachelors’ degree and 1-3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a high-volume customer service organization, preferably serving global customers.
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com or similar tool.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: able to forge strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Professional, enthusiastic presence with ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills (system analysis, troubleshooting, etc.)
Ideal candidates would have:
- Multi-lingual skills are preferable for international support.
- Strong understanding of ProQuest policies and procedures and how they relate to product, market and/or regions.
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual, we have great benefits and working hours are flexible. Based in Ann Arbor, we are within walking distance to Downtown, Briarwood Mall and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today. Live and work in Ann Arbor, a naturally beautiful, vibrant and world-class city.
Other important information about this position:
- This position may be based in a variety of ProQuest office locations and is not conducive to remote work.
- This position requires a work schedule that may flex in line with global customer time zones.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Back to top