Credit and Collections Specialist
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Credit and Collections Specialist
What will I be doing?
The Credit and Collections Specialist maintains quality relationships with customers and collaborates closely with management, accounts receivable, customer service and sales to ensure customer needs are met. The Credit and Collections Specialist will be relied upon to utilize resources to reconcile and resolve past-due balances on customer accounts.
In this position, you will also...
• Handle daily collection activity through customer contact; records entries within collector file.
• Review monthly statements for all customers in territory.
• Maintain collection notes in Oracle to track customer contacts and payment status.
• Initiate credit stops for customers when appropriate to the circumstance.
• Analyze open AR for collections risk for quarterly bad-debt reserve calculation; handles categorization and recommendation of reserve amount.
• Maintain close contact with sales to better understand customer landscape.
• Investigate and facilitate resolution for incoming customer inquiries through direct service or referral to correct department.
• Assist with back-office integrations for acquisitions.
Three reasons you should apply...
1. You enjoy collaborating with others to solve puzzles.
2. Effective communication is a top priority for you.
3. You make sound decisions that drive results.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You prefer to fly solo over being part of a team.
2. You require constant direction and have little motivation to take initiative.
3. You tend to shy away from challenging work.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Experience in Accounting or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Fluent in Spanish both Verbal and Written.
• Strong technology skills, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Experience using Oracle or similar ERP system.
• Strong time management and prioritization skills.
• Ability to quickly ingest new information and processes; interest and commitment to process improvement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal professionally and timely to a variety of customer issues.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field.
• Working knowledge of systems used at ProQuest (i.e.: Oracle).
Other important information about this position:
• This position is located in ProQuest's Ann Arbor, MI location and is not conducive to remote work.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around standard business hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are in search of a Credit and Collections Specialist position in a fun, highly collaborative environment that allows you to utilize your skillset to the fullest, please consider joining our talented team!!
Back to top