ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
The Corporate Counsel will be working directly with business leaders and the legal team to address the general commercial matters of our global education technology company. Most work will involve negotiation and approval of customer license agreements and vendor contracts, as well as corporate compliance programs.
In this position, you will also...
• Work with sales producers, product managers and shared service organizations to provide legal advice and services to clients co-located here in Ann Arbor, elsewhere in the US, and in many other offices across the rest of the world.
• Manage enterprise-wide compliance efforts in data protection, privacy, business practices and/or other areas.
• Draft and revise contracts with customers, licensors, and others.
• Advise internal clients on contract, statutory, and regulatory compliance.
• Review and report on company documents in Merger and Acquisitions (M&A) due diligence processes.
• Act to enforce adherence to company's contract policies and procedures.
• Manage litigation as needed.
Reasons you should apply...
1. You want to focus on one client's success rather than tracking your billable hours.
2. It appeals to you to balance working autonomously and collaborating with close-knit teammates who like to laugh and love to win.
3. It matters to you that your legal skills are being used to do good in the world.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You prefer a traditional law office with transactional work.
2. A brightly painted office with ping-pong and basketball turns you off.
3. You don't like a fast-paced environment with issues of first impression around every corner.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, plus at least 3 years of relevant professional experience.
• Member of State of Michigan Bar or reciprocal state bar organization.
• Demonstrated, well-developed negotiation, communication and drafting skills.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
• Job experience in software sales, the academic market, digital marketing, and/or government contracting.
• SalesForce.com skills.
• Experience using Lexis CounselLink.
• Functional proficiency in written Spanish, French, German, or other languages used by customers.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are an attorney with a great work ethic and a good sense of humor, please consider joining our talented team!!
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Ann Arbor ProQuest office location
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Back to top