Content Support Specialist
ProQuest products are a gateway to the world’s knowledge. Our vast collections span six centuries, all disciplines and, the diverse content needed by researchers. We provide the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses. Researchers find three centuries of newspapers; more than half a billion academic e-books; collections of important scholarly journals and other content they need for primary source materials in their area of study.
It’s an exciting time to be working for ProQuest! You will have a unique opportunity to focus on providing the best products available for libraries to manage their collections and empower researchers to discover the content they need. The ProQuest team is a small, product focused group where our staff has regular access to seasoned experts and senior leadership. We have a culture of innovation and a versatile, collaborative environment where you can work on projects that have high visibility throughout the company. ProQuest offers excellent professional growth potential to help you thrive.
The primary responsibility of the Content Support Specialist will be to address client reported issues with metadata quality for our knowledgebase & discovery solution products. In this role, you will strive to provide premier customer support in an IT support environment. This is a part time role appropriate for professionals seeking to work less than 20 hours/week.
- Acts as first responder to incoming client-reported cases involving metadata quality issues or concerns.
- Analyzes reported issues to determine scope and severity.
- Implements fixes and/or solutions to resolve reported metadata issues.
- Communicates status and resolution information on all cases to clients via CRM software.
- Identifies and escalates more complex metadata quality issues internally for resolution.
- Provides assistance as needed on large data projects.
Successful candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus a minimum of 1 year client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned cases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ideal candidates would have:
- Knowledgeable of bibliographic metadata standards (e.g., MARC, BIBFRAME, RDA, FRBR) or aspects of electronic resource management within a library setting.
- XML, XSLT, Ruby, and/or other programming languages that aid in data manipulation.
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual (bike to work, workout onsite), we have great benefits and working hours are flexible. We are located near Century Link and Safeco Fields, in the “Home Plate” office building. We are within walking distance to quirky shopping and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today. Live, play and work in Seattle, a naturally beautiful, vibrant and world-class city.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top