Content Support Specialist
- Ann Arbor, MI
Ex Libris, a Proquest Company – Who we are…
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Content Support Specialist
What will I be doing?
The Content Support Specialist addresses client reported issues with metadata quality for our knowledgebase and discovery solution products.
In this position, you will also…
• Act as first responder to incoming client-reported cases involving metadata quality issues or concerns.
• Analyze reported issues to determine scope and severity.
• Implement fixes and/or solutions to resolve reported metadata issues.
• Communicate status and resolution information on all cases to clients via CRM software.
• Identify and escalates more complex metadata quality issues internally for resolution.
• Provide assistance as needed on large data projects.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus a minimum of 1 year client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent researching and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data.
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned cases.
• Strong customer service skills, with a ‘customer first’ focus and mentality.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Capacity to learn and master new technologies and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Knowledgeable of bibliographic metadata standards (e.g., MARC, BIBFRAME, RDA, FRBR) or aspects of electronic resource management within a library setting.
• XML, XSLT, Ruby, and/or other programming languages that aid in data manipulation.
• Fluency in additional languages other than English.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based in a ProQuest office location. It may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Back to top