Content Platform Manager
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
As a Content Platform Manager on the Books Content team you will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for the enhancement and development for business systems that support our Books business related to metadata, content and distribution rights to ensure optimal outcomes for our customers. You will be working with other content platform managers to ensure the systems for Books work as expected and in concert with other PQ enterprise systems.
In this position, you will also...
• With guidance and support, document clear and measurable platform requirements and make trade-off recommendations between implementation and functionality.
• With guidance and support, manage the development and launch of new features and functionality through the entire product development lifecycle process from concept through implementation and release.
• Monitor key product analytics to inform development priorities
• Under direction, understand market priorities and with Engineering to identify trade-offs
• Drive activities/user stories to deliver product to market, according to product roadmap. Prioritize and sequence product features and stories to meet market demands.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related field, plus 3-5 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience managing basic customer questions and concerns for their product(s).
• Excellent communication and active listening skills.
• Previous experience managing projects or people.
• Experience using data to drive simple decisions and establishing relevant metrics.
• Basic understanding of financial modeling and ROI.
• Possesses strong operational and technical instincts.
• Has a working understanding of business drivers and key issues.
• Ability to collaborate across teams to manage product development.
• Has effective presence to inspire confidence of colleagues.
• Must possess ability to gain domain knowledge in position.
It would be awesome if you also had...
• Master of Business Administration degree.
• Professional experience in a library setting.
• Fluency in languages other than English.
• Experience with Content Ingestion Platforms.
Other important information about this position:
• This position will be based in the New Providence, NJ - ProQuest office location.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• We have a relaxed dress code
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in working with content management systems and would enjoy working in a collaborative environment, please consider joining our talented team!
Back to top