The Content Editor ensures the currency and completeness of an assigned set of electronic or other formatted content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies source materials for product coverage based on criteria and allocated budget.
- Researches, reviews and monitors a variety of sources including print, electronic, websites and individual contacts.
- Enters data in content management system that may include text formatting, image placement, captioning, metadata, subject terms, topic indexing, abstracting, web linking, and other editorial enrichment.
- Understands and utilizes customer data and market trends in determining value-add needed to maintain customer base and attain market-based objectives.
- Performs document control, end of production cycle completeness and accuracy tasks as assigned.
- Performs administrative tasks as needed to organize and track records.
- Actively participates in departmental meetings and discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain and develop good business relationships.
- Ability to interact effectively with outside contacts by telephone, in person and all forms of written communication.
- Ability to detail and synthesize information rapidly; ability to manage and meet multiple and frequent deadlines.
- Ability to maintain focus while performing repetitive tasks.
- Excellent technical skills, with ability to deftly enter and manipulate data, and learn software and database programs; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and writing skills, and an ability to express ideas clearly and logically.
- Capacity to learn and master new technology and knowledge of new research environments.
- Graduate coursework or equivalent experience in Publishing, Business, Library/Information Science, or Customer Service.
- At least one year of experience working with periodicals, periodical acquisitions or a related area.
- At least one year of working experience with databases (i.e., Microsoft Access or other relational database application).
- Publishing knowledge and knowledge of ProQuest’s products.
- Experience with creation, coordination, and maintenance of taxonomies.
- Experience in library, classroom or education-related market.
- Understanding of delivery methods for electronic content (FTP, Web, RSS, Email) and various media storage methods and devices.
- Understanding of data formats for electronic content (TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PDF, HTML, SGML, XML, ASCII, MARC).
- Knowledge of searching protocol in a library or research environment.
- Reading/writing knowledge of a foreign language.
Other important information about this position:
- This position may be based in a variety of ProQuest office locations and may be appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top