Client Relationship Manager - Inside Sales
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. As a leading technology provider, ProQuest drives better outcomes for researchers and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them. The company's cloud-based solutions are a gateway to the world's knowledge and enable researchers, students, and librarians to discover, access, share, create, and manage information.
If you are looking for culture of continual improvement – turning good into great, and great into exceptional, look no further! Come join the ProQuest team!
As a Client Relationship Manager, you will play a critical role in maintaining successful client relationships, managing renewals, driving incremental revenue and providing invaluable cross-functional perspective on product and process improvements to the client experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Nurtures account retention and portfolios by proactively engaging with clients to gain insight, communicate new and improved product functionality, identify opportunities, and foster add-ons and upselling.
- Clearly and compellingly articulates the ProQuest value proposition through update sessions, phone calls, webinars, and other client communication venues.
- Maintains client base and corresponding retention volume by undertaking analysis, research, negotiation, and other activities that increase and solidify customer loyalty to ProQuest products.
- Based on client interactions and monitoring key metrics and revenue reporting, provides early identification of and mitigates potential client issues.
- Identifies, manages, and resolves issues via collaboration with internal teams such as Product Management, Customer Experience and Service, and Implementation.
- Acts as an advocate for both the client and ProQuest to ensure expedient and appropriate resolutions.
- Executes annual account review reports/sessions including contract status, product visioning, account penetration, and issue review.
- Identifies and pursues new business opportunities with existing clients in conjunction with Product Specialist and/or Account Manager's efforts.
- Collaborates with Account Managers and Product Specialists to support overall sales strategy and account support.
- Enters leads and client activity into SalesForce.com.
- Provides weekly reporting to Account Managers, Product Specialists and Sales Managers and escalates any issues that would impact renewal or new business.
- Actively learns about ProQuest offerings and products.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Associates' degree or higher, plus at least 5 years' related experience in inside sales or customer service, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of consultative selling and strategic account management.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills; fluency in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills, with ability to maintain professional demeanor under pressure.
- Creative problem solver and decision maker, with enthusiasm and focus to reach positive outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, making decisions based on data and good judgment and drawing on resources to support decision making when appropriate.
- Ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data.
- Capacity to learn and effectively utilize SalesForce.com and other programs relevant to the role.
- Advanced degree in Library Science.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
- Strong working knowledge of SalesForce.com.
Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top