Client Relationship Manager
The Client Relationship Manager plays a critical role in maintaining successful client relationships, managing renewals, driving incremental revenue and providing invaluable cross-functional perspective on product and process improvements to the client experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Nurtures account retention and portfolios by proactively engaging with clients to gain insight, communicate new and improved product functionality, identify opportunities, and foster add-ons and upselling.
- Clearly and compellingly articulates the ProQuest value proposition through update sessions, phone calls, webinars, and other client communication venues.
- Maintains client base and corresponding retention volume by undertaking analysis, research, negotiation, and other activities that increase and solidify customer loyalty to ProQuest products.
- Based on client interactions and monitoring key metrics and revenue reporting, provides early identification of and mitigates potential client issues.
- Identifies, manages, and resolves issues via collaboration with internal teams such as Product Management, Customer Experience and Service, and Implementation.
- Acts as an advocate for both the client and ProQuest to ensure expedient and appropriate resolutions.
- Executes annual account review reports/sessions including contract status, product visioning, account penetration, and issue review.
- Identifies and pursues new business opportunities with existing clients in conjunction with Product Specialist and/or Account Manager’s efforts.
- Collaborates with Account Managers and Product Specialists to support overall sales strategy and account support.
- Enters leads and client activity into SalesForce.com.
- Provides weekly reporting to Account Managers, Product Specialists and Sales Managers and escalates any issues that would impact renewal or new business.
- Actively learns about ProQuest offerings and products.
- Associates’ degree or higher, plus at least 5 years’ related experience in inside sales or customer service, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of consultative selling and strategic account management.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills; fluency in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills, with ability to maintain professional demeanor under pressure.
- Creative problem solver and decision maker, with enthusiasm and focus to reach positive outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, making decisions based on data and good judgment and drawing on resources to support decision making when appropriate.
- Ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data.
- Capacity to learn and effectively utilize SalesForce.com and other programs relevant to the role.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Advanced degree in Library Science.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
- Strong working knowledge of SalesForce.com.
Other important information about this position:
- This position may be located in a corporate office or remote location, subject to business needs.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top