ProQuest are seeking an experienced Cataloguer to join an established Bibliographic Services Team, preparing catalogue records and classifying materials (in both print and electronic format) to support the Company's customer cataloguing and book selection services.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in creating MARC21 and/or UKMARC catalogue records to RDA or AACR2 standard, or equivalent and in classifying according to Dewey and/or Library of Congress schemes
Main duties will include:
- Support the team leader and other team members to achieve key result areas
- Create full or CIP level MARC21 catalogue records (or UKMARC where applicable) to AACR2 or RDA standard, or equivalent
- Source electronic records from internal and external databases, editing to full record standard where appropriate
- Provide classification numbers for items using Dewey Decimal Classification, Library of Congress Classification or other schemes as appropriate
- Provide subject headings for items using Library of Congress subject headings or other schemes as appropriate
- Amend MARC records and classifications to meet customer requirements
- Keep abreast of current developments in cataloguing and classification
- Maintain statistics as required
- Develop effective working relationships with other departmental teams
- Ensure that all relevant company and departmental Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top