Alma Tier 1 Technical Support Analyst
- Yokohama, Japan
Alma Tier 1 Technical Support Analyst provides support for issues related to Ex Libris’s products and services and is the first point of contact for all inbound customer’s inquiry and problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Ex Libris to customers: provide world-class support to customers; maintain a professional demeanor with customers in all interactions; train customers formally and informally as needed; attend customer conferences and meetings as directed
- Pull open cases from Tier1 shared queue, according to pre-defined guidelines, and become their owner until resolution or until escalated to Tier2.
- Work within Sales Force case management system, to create detailed work logs.
- Strive for first call resolution. If impossible – Triage, info gathering and validation and then escalation of complex issues to Tier2.
- Create flows of procedures and troubleshooting and maintain them on a designated knowledge base platform (KCS) for the usage of customers and analysts.
- Follow technical documented procedures and strive to maintain them constantly accurate and updated.
- Create robust work relations with Tier2 staff.
- Provide manager with regular updates on common problems encountered and identify possible longer-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems.
- Use communication channels to inform team of important issues and information which will help improve team performance.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Library or Information Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong Library experience preferred.
- Familiarity with library industry standards such as MARC21, Dublin Core, Z39.50, OAI as well as with library workflows for different media types (e-resources, print, digital).
- Very good languages skills (spoken and written) in English
- Fluency in Japanese
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical language with customers and co-workers.
- Professional and customer satisfaction driven attitude.
- Must be detail-oriented with a strong work ethic focused on providing a positive customer experience.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service, demonstrate professionalism while maintaining composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to evaluate and manage changes, understanding their impact to systems, business and users.
- Must be able to work well with stringent deadlines and possess good organizational skills.
- Must follow predefined guidelines, protocols, and procedures as directed.
- Possess the ability to learn, retain, and apply new information and new products.
- Results oriented, charismatic and energetic, with ability to push his team mates towards the team goal.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
Familiarity with Linux, HTML, SQL.
- Experience in programming and familiarity with data bases.
- Experience teaching or training others, especially in a technical context.
- Experience using academic search engines.
- Experience writing knowledgebase documentation.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based remotely from home in Yokohama, Japan.
- This position requires local weekday attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. PQ/EXL seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
See Inside the Office of ProQuest
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. As a leading technology provider, ProQuest drives better outcomes for researchers and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them. The company’s cloud-based solutions are a gateway to the world’s knowledge and enable researchers, students, and librarians to discover, access, share, create, and manage information.
Back to top