Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading provider of library automation solutions, offering the only comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all materials—print, electronic, and digital. Dedicated to developing the market's most inventive and creative solutions, Ex Libris leads the way in defining and designing efficient, user-friendly products that serve the needs of academic, research, and national libraries today, enabling them to transition into the future. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website , and join us on Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and Twitter .
As an Administrative Assistant, you will provide timely and accurate administrative and general support to department leaders and senior staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles basic administrative support duties using Microsoft Office suite of products and custom programs.
- Provides general office support.
- Assists with events and meetings; handling logistics and other support functions.
- Supports site leaders with projects as needed.
- Assists leaders with scheduling and travel needs.
- Maintains key access and distribution systems.
- Operates multi-line phone system and/or switchboard.
- Facilitates elements of the new hire, transfer/move, and departure processes.
- Maintains maps and calendars for multiple locations - tracking employee locations, conference rooms and visitor workstations.
- Serves as main point of contact for archive services.
- Maintains department filing system.
- Serves as "back up" for Facilities team; handling reception, shipping/receiving, catering orders, and other tasks.
- Provides property management with utility and other information.
- Associate's degree plus 3 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to organize work and meet ambitious deadlines.
- Experience operating switchboard and/or multi-line phone system.
- Positive, professional, and energetic demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with strong skills in Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Capacity to learn and master new technology.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of Oracle or other expense management systems.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is located in multiple Ex Libris office locations and is not conducive to remote work.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance within core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. Ex Libris seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top