Accounts Receivable Specialist
Working within the accounting department on the accounts receivable team, the Accounts Receivable Specialist focuses on the daily reconciliation of cash receipts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles daily cash receipting and reconciliation.
- Researches payments.
- Handles commitment creation and application.
- Handles chargeback research and resolution.
- Handles general Accounting payment processing.
- Handles intercompany applications.
- Handles daily collection activity through customer contact, recorded within collector file.
- Maintains close contact with Sales to better understand customer landscape,
- Investigates and facilitates resolution for A/R-related inquiries including balance analysis, refund preparation and credit application.
- Assists in month end close activity, variance investigation, and confirmation.
- Assists in back office integration for acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, with excellent skills using Excel and Word.
- Experience using Oracle or similar ERP system.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to quickly ingest new information and processes; interest and commitment to process improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a variety of customer issues and a diverse blend of personalities.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a collaborative team environment.
- Working knowledge of systems used at ProQuest.
- Experience in accounting-related role.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is typically based in a ProQuest office location and is typically not conducive to remote work.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top