Accounts Receivable Specialist
Working within the accounting department on the accounts receivable team, the Accounts Receivable Specialist focuses on the daily reconciliation of cash receipts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles daily cash receipting and reconciliation.
- Researches payments.
- Handles commitment creation and application.
- Handles chargeback research and resolution.
- Handles general Accounting payment processing.
- Handles intercompany applications.
- Handles daily collection activity through customer contact, recorded within collector file.
- Maintains close contact with Sales to better understand customer landscape,
- Investigates and facilitates resolution for A/R-related inquiries including balance analysis, refund preparation and credit application.
- Assists in month end close activity, variance investigation, and confirmation.
- Assists in back office integration for acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, with excellent skills using Excel and Word.
- Experience using Oracle or similar ERP system.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to quickly ingest new information and processes; interest and commitment to process improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a variety of customer issues and a diverse blend of personalities.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a collaborative team environment.
- Working knowledge of systems used at ProQuest.
- Experience in accounting-related role.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is typically based in a ProQuest office location and is typically not conducive to remote work.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible
Back to top