Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist
What is ProQuest?
In Texas, a grad student unearths a lost work by Walt Whitman, opening new perspectives on the influential poet. In Germany, a cancer researcher’s refined workflow takes treatment a vital step forward. In Rotuma, a filmmaker inspires researchers everywhere to explore the culture of his tiny Polynesian island.
In classrooms, libraries, businesses and homes worldwide, people are doing extraordinary things with help from ProQuest, a leader in research and educational technology, based here in Ann Arbor.
What will I do as an Accounts Payable Specialist?
We currently have an opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist in Ann Arbor. Our Accounting & Finance team works in partnership with our external vendors to provide timely and accurate transactions. This position will provide an outstanding opportunity for learning and growth. Many who start as an AP Specialist are able to advance their careers within ProQuest. As a global company, ProQuest offers challenges and opportunities to work with high-level stakeholders, intricate business relationships, and will give you exposure to international compliance.
You will also…
- Work with Financial Analysts to resolve cost center questions
- Collaborate with General Ledger Accountants for balance sheet accounts
- Enter invoices in Oracle Accounts Payable System (Oracle R12)
- Analyze general ledger accounts and maintain account reconciliations
- Analyze invoices to understand what is being paid and confirm proper coding, sales tax applicability, and IRS reporting relevancy
- Work with the procurement department to resolve purchase order/invoice discrepancies
- Enter and understand royalty invoices
- Review tax forms supplied by vendors to ensure IRS Compliance
- Handle various projects and tasks such as data analysis, process improvements and reconciliations
- Engage in team meetings, gain understanding of processes, make suggestions and build relationships
Qualified Applicants will possess…
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Ability to analyze data for trends and errors
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products, with expertise in Excel.
Ideal Candidates will also have…
- Experience in accounting-related role
- Working knowledge of systems used at ProQuest (i.e.: Oracle)
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in the Ann ARbor ProQuest office location and is not conducive to remote work.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Senior Manager Of Customer Experience, North America
As Senior Manager, Sharon ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality customer service by working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to focus on service and meeting customer expectations.
Back to top