Accounts Payable Specialist
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. As a leading technology provider, ProQuest drives better outcomes for researchers and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them. The company's cloud-based solutions are a gateway to the world's knowledge and enable researchers, students, and librarians to discover, access, share, create, and manage information.
If you are looking for culture of continual improvement – turning good into great, and great into exceptional, look no further! Come join the ProQuest team!
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will manage, audit and process expense claims in Oracle i-Expense, maintain vendor management information (some international); additionally, you will handle month end journal entries and account reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with Financial Analysts to resolve cost center questions and with General Ledger Accountants for balance sheet accounts.
- Maintains the relationship between Accounts Payable and General Ledger.
- Enters invoices in Oracle Accounts Payable System while following designated procedures to check approval authority or PO status.
- Analyzes general ledger accounts and maintain account reconciliations.
- Analyzes invoices to understand what is being paid and confirm proper coding, sales tax applicability, and IRS reporting relevancy.
- Works with the procurement department to resolve purchase order/invoice discrepancies and provide feedback about invoices processed without a PO to ensure companywide compliance with policies.
- Interacts with various employees in different departments in a professional manner to resolve invoice approval and coding questions or corporate purchasing.
- Maintains an excellent relationship with AP vendors through timely invoice processing and account analysis to find open payments.
- Enters and understands royalty invoices that come through as manual items as well as mass feeds.
- Determines if tax forms provided by vendors meet IRS standards and understands when to apply withholding on invoices.
- Maintains excellent files through timely mail distribution, organized files on the desk, and consistent storage of completed invoices and expense reports; this includes proper tracking on various department spreadsheets.
- Handles various projects and tasks such as data analysis, process improvements and reconciliations.
- Engages in department meetings to gain understanding of processes, make suggestions and build relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field or a combination of education and related experience will be considered.
- Ability to analyze data for trends and errors.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to collaborate in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products, with expertise in Excel.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is typically based in a ProQuest office location and is typically not conducive to remote work.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Working within the Professional Services Group, Laura acts as a customer advocate and liaison, helping librarians as they use Rosetta for digital preservation—and communicating their needs to Development Teams.
Back to top