Accounts Payable Manager
ProQuest products are a gateway to the world’s knowledge. Our vast collections span six centuries, all disciplines and, the diverse content needed by researchers. We provide the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses. Researchers find three centuries of newspapers; more than half a billion academic e-books; collections of important scholarly journals and other content they need for primary source materials in their area of study.
It’s an exciting time to be working for ProQuest! You will have a unique opportunity to focus on providing the best products available for libraries to manage their collections and empower researchers to discover the content they need. The ProQuest team is a small, product focused group where our staff has regular access to seasoned experts and senior leadership. We have a culture of innovation and a versatile, collaborative environment where you can work on projects that have high visibility throughout the company. ProQuest offers excellent professional growth potential to help you thrive.
Leading a team of 9, the Accounts Payable Manager oversees the daily operations of the global accounts payable team, domestic and international corporate card programs, and travel and entertainment programs. You will report to the Director of Global Accounting Services and collaborate with peers to help execute strategy and achieve the goals of the organization.
- Monitors workload for the group to ensure all tasks are completed in the appropriate timeframe and in-line with expected work standards.
- Develops, maintains, and oversees proper internal controls to reduce identified and inherent risks.
- Supports global vendor payments, including international needs and requirements related to VAT.
- Takes initiative to seek more efficient processes and procedures, while considering impact of other groups and control structure.
- Acts as liaison for back office integrations of AP and T&E programs post acquisition
Successful candidates must have:
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as Accounting
- At least 5 years of lead and/or supervisory experience, preferably in the Accounting field
- Previous accounts payable expertise
- Experience using Oracle or other ERP system
Ideal candidates would have:
- Strong track record of successfully developing junior employees
- Experience in a large, global organization supporting multiple business units within the Accounts Payable Function
While other companies might say they value work/life balance, ProQuest lives it. Our work environment is casual, we have great benefits and working hours are flexible. Based in Ann Arbor, we are within walking distance to Downtown, Briarwood Mall and multiple dining experiences. Join ProQuest today. Live and work in Ann Arbor, a naturally beautiful, vibrant and world-class city.
Other important information about this position:
- This position in based in the ProQuest Ann Arbor, MI office location.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Back to top