Accounts Payable Manager
ProQuest - Who we are...
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Accounts Payable Manager
What will I be doing?
In a fun, but professional environment you will lead a team of 9 AP Specialists. You will oversee the daily operations of the global accounts payable team, domestic and international corporate card programs, and travel and entertainment programs. You will report to the Director of Global Accounting Services and collaborate with peers to help execute strategy and achieve the goals of the organization.
This is a fast-paced, challenging leadership position. You will be responsible for the professional development of your team and identifying process efficiencies within the accounting services function. We are looking for someone to do more than just check the boxes, we're looking for someone who can accomplish the team's goals and simultaneously foster a positive, fun environment.
If you're a passionate people leader with a background in Accounts Payable, keep reading!
In this position, you will also..
• Manage your team and nurture their professional development through feedback (both informal and formal).
• Monitor and assign workload for the group.
• Develop, maintain, and oversee proper internal controls.
• Support global vendor payments, including international needs and requirements related to VAT.
• Take initiative to seek more efficient processes and procedures.
• Promote strong collaborative relationships with other departments across the organization, particularly Tax.
• Act as liaison for back office integrations of AP and T&E programs post acquisition.
• Manages monthly close activities for domestic and international operations, including creating monthly reporting, journal entries, and reconciliations.
• Assists with other ad hoc projects as assigned by management.
Reasons you should apply...
1. You'll have the opportunity to get exposure to a global organization, working cross-culturally & cross-functionally.
2. The work you do will be meaningful and impactful to the business.
3. You'll be working with a group of leaders who have a track record of helping those around them to grow and expand their careers.
4. You love mentoring and coaching a team of dedicated professionals.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You don't enjoy the rigors of a fast-paced environment.
2. Managing multiple priorities with varying deadlines sounds daunting and stressful.
3. Leading a support function where you're required to respond promptly to inquiries and requests is not an attractive scenario to you.
Qualified Candidates must have...
• Bachelors' degree or higher in related field, such as Accounting.
• At least 5 years of lead and/or supervisory experience, preferably in the Accounting field.
• Previous accounts payable experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
• Experience using Oracle or similar ERP system.
• Ability to perform at high level in fast-paced, accuracy focused department.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
• Experience with both 1042 and 1099 tax forms
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code... yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in providing leadership and fostering process efficiencies, please consider joining our talented team!!
Meet Some of ProQuest's Employees
Justine works with academic libraries, guiding their transition from a previous ILS—integrated library system—onto Alma, helping to migrate all of their data and educating the librarians about the system.
Back to top