Account Manager-Mid Market
- Melbourne, Australia
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning. Better insights.
ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Ed Tech market.
What will I be doing?
As an Account Manager - Mid Market, you will be leading, driving and coordinating sales activity for the small to mid-tier markets such as TAFE, Colleges, Government, Hospitals and Schools. ProQuest solutions include B2B content and software solutions. This is a newly created position and you will work closely with the Senior Director Sales, Product Specialists, Client Relationship Managers and Field Marketing teams to meet and exceed sales targets for both content and technology sales.
This is full time regular position and based in the Melbourne office.
In this position, you will also...
- Own the small and mid-tier territory and account plan coordination, working closely with product specialists, trainers, and renewal teams to develop an overall account plan to grow long term revenue.
- Work on building and maintaining Consortia opportunities across the ANZ region and across various market segments
- Be responsible for driving inbound and outbound calls, emails, and proposals to focus on maintaining and expanding business relationships as well as gaining market share with existing and new customers.
- Work closely with the Sales Director to develop segment specific channel strategy.
- Focus on new and renewal business as part of expanding ProQuest’s footprint within the account; typically serves as primary point to engage client.
- Manages full portfolio forecast (renewals and new business) including specialty products and content; works closely with product specialist and support teams to ensure forecast accuracy.
- Lead online demonstrations, engaging product specialists as appropriate for product-specific demonstrations.
- Manages the overall health of the account; coordinating routine checkpoints, handling business reviews, participating in new product roadmap discussions, and engaging in client meetings.
- Enter leads and client activity into Salesforce.com.
- Meet or exceed individual and team goals.
Qualified Candidates must have/be…
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher, plus at least 5 years’ related experience in new business sales and/or account management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to demonstrate skill sets suited for a new business, hunter-oriented role.
- Proven success in selling and closing customers, creating value, and managing a pipeline.
- Have experience within the software sales segment and be solutions oriented in your approach to sales.
- Successful sales negotiation skills at every level within client organizations, with experience influencing and selling to the highest level decision-maker.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in ProQuest Melbourne Office
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Back to top