Account Manager, Research Solutions
- Ann Arbor, MI
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
Account Managers at ProQuest/ExLibris lead and coordinate sales activity for their assigned territory, leveraging their experience in delivering top-notch customer satisfaction and functional understanding of the suite of products that they are assigned to. They are supported by other resources such as product specialists, client relationship managers and field marketing teams to help them meet and exceed sales targets.
In this role, you will also...
- Account manager is responsible for selling Ex Libris Research Solutions (RIMS, Funding, CRIS, Repository) to campus Research Enterprise with a focus on Research Office stakeholders
- Influences and motivates others in a matrixed sales organization (particularly those who do not directly report to the Account Manager) to support and drive towards shared goals.
- Focuses on new business as part of expanding ProQuest’s footprint within the account; typically serves as primary point to engage client.
- Leads RFP coordination and development as needed; seeking opportunities to unite multiple RFP or current investments and collaborating with product specialists as appropriate.
- Manages full portfolio forecast including specialty products and content; works closely with product specialist and support teams to ensure forecast accuracy.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of products especially in core content where there are no specialists.
- Leads content demonstrations, engaging product specialists as appropriate for product-specific demonstrations.
- Maintains awareness of all proposals, and as account plan warrants may lead discussion with client.
- Ensures account plan is making progress and is aligned to other objectives in the account.
- Manages the overall health of the account; coordinating routine checkpoints, handling business reviews, participating in new product roadmap discussions, and engaging in client meetings.
- Ensures client satisfaction and issues are resolved; relying on product specialists to drive specialty product issues and working with colleagues in customer services and technical support
- This position may be based in a corporate office or remote location.
- Frequent national and international travel is required.
- Bachelors’ degree plus at least 5 years’ related experience as a direct field sales professional or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven success in selling and closing customers, creating value, and managing a pipeline.
- Successful sales negotiation skills at every level within client organizations, with experience influencing and selling to the executive level decision-maker.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of product line and client base.
- Capable of engaging in key probing questions for specialty products and can promote key value proposition and answer baseline questions about all specialty products.
- Able to clearly and compellingly articulate full ProQuest value proposition.
- Ability to assess the sales process and request participation from executive managers when required.
- Ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data.
- Ability to accurately forecast and manage the sales funnel for assigned account territory.
- Focused team player with a collaborative approach.
- High level of enthusiasm, with strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse blend of personalities and levels of authority to reach resolution.
- Capacity to learn and effectively utilize SalesForce.com as well as other software tools relevant to the role, and adhere to assigned sales methodology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and related software relevant to the role.
- Advanced degree in Library Science or related field.
- Certifications pertinent to the sales profession.
At Ex Libris, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.
Other important information about this position:
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Some weekend attendance is required, typically for travel and industry/trade events.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities.
- ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible
Back to top