- Melbourne, Australia
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the EdTech market.
What will I be doing?
As an Account Executive (small to mid-tier market) ANZ, you will be responsible for focusing on developing our sales channel on a permanent basis. This is a newly created position and will work closely with the Director Inside Sales, account management, client relationship and field marketing teams to drive sales revenue through leading, coordinating sales activities and campaigns.
If you’re passionate about sales and like challenges, keep reading!
In this position, you will also...
- Be responsible for driving inbound and outbound calls, emails, and proposals to focus on maintaining and expanding business relationships as well as gaining market share with existing and new customers.
- Clearly and compellingly articulate the ProQuest value proposition through update sessions, phone calls, webinars, and other client communication avenues.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities with existing clients in conjunction with Sales and Renewal Specialist’s efforts.
- Work closely with the Director of Inside Sales to develop a segment specific channel strategy
- Enter leads and client activity into Salesforce.com.
- Meet or exceed individual and team goals.
- Maintain high knowledge of products, pricing, promotions, and procedures.
- Close sales and achieve quotas.
- Perform effective online demos to prospects
Reasons you should apply...
- You are passionate with learning, likes challenges, connecting with people and motivated to excel.
- You’re someone who knows what needs to get done and you do it. You’re an autonomous and creative machine!
- You’re excited by the prospect of being part of a global innovative education technology company.
This job may not be a fit if...
- You don’t like the challenge of working in a dynamic environment and wearing lots of “hats”.
- You don’t enjoy being beholden to customer inquiries and needs.
- You’re not able to prioritize and be responsible for your own success.
Qualified Candidates must have/be…
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher, plus at least 3 years’ related experience in new business sales and/or account management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to demonstrate skill sets suited for a new business, hunter-oriented role.
- The ability to maintain a high-level of proactive activity to meet KPI standards set and manage a pipeline through the sales process.
- Proven success in hitting and exceeding annual sales targets and goals.
- Strong negotiation skills, with a focus on creating value for the customer. Possesses experience positioning multiple products or solutions within a proposal.
- The ability to assess the sales process and act strategically, requesting participation from executive managers when required.
- The ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills, with ability to maintain professional demeanor under pressure.
- Adjectives to describe the perfect candidate include motivated by success, positive, solution-oriented, proactive, driven, creative, self-motivated, collaborative.
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Masters’ degree in Library Science
- Industry Experience.
- Certifications pertinent to the sales profession.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in ProQuest Melbourne Office
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Back to top