Security Officer at Propel Northside
- Pittsburgh, PA
Every day, Propel strives for the extraordinary. We can achieve it - but not without extraordinary people who take society\u0027s injustices to heart and have the vision and energy to inspire others.
Almost 15 years ago, Propel started as a dream. The dream was to build an organization with the capacity to transform public education in Southwestern Pennsylvania so that all children have access to high performing public schools. Today, that dream is a reality.
Propel has become one of the largest, fastest-expanding set of charter schools in Pennsylvania with the highest levels of student achievement among Pennsylvania public school districts serving high poverty areas. The first school opened in 2003 with 180 children, occupying a small hospital basement. In 2016, almost 3,700 K-12 students attend eleven facilities in Homestead, McKeesport, Montour, Munhall, Turtle Creek, Braddock Hills, Northside, Pitcairn and Hazelwood.
Our Mission is to catalyze the transformation of public education so that all children have access to high performing public schools. Propel owes its success to the hard work and dedication of its people, both in and out of the classroom.
The Security Officer is an integral part of the student support system at Propel Schools. Working with the Leadership Team, the Security Officer will ensure scholar and staff safety within our buildings. This position assists the administrative staff with enforcing policies and procedures for safe and orderly schools at the building level.
Key Job Elements:
- Patrols and monitors assigned areas of the school buildings, grounds and parking lots to deter, detect, report and stop violations of the law and/or school board policies
- Detects, investigates and reports unauthorized or suspicious persons, vehicles and activities
- Assists administrators and staff in crisis and emergency situations
- Supervises and directs pupil movement
- Notifies the administrative staff, police, fire department, or other appropriate authorities of security or emergency situations
- Operates metal detectors and conducts searches when directed to do so
- Investigates scholar violations of school board policies and prepares reports of the results
- Works with school administrators and law enforcement officials in handling serious scholar offenses and law violations
- Testifies in court and at School Board Disciplinary Review Committee hearings as required
- Assists with fire drills and other emergency building evacuations
- Attends and successfully completes all staff development training as required by state law or directed by the Administration
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities
- Supports additional events and/or Afterschool activities when assigned
- Complies with all other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or Director of Operations
Qualifications & Skills:
- High School diploma or GED
- Verifiable work history.
- Ability to work with youth and adults in the school setting.
- Dress Code: Propel issued long sleeve or polo shirt. Khaki, Navy or grey slacks, tactical or cargo pants. Black or grey shoes with rubber sole.
- TB Test
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 114 FBI Clearance
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure
- Act 24 Arrest and Conviction Disclosure
Hours are 7:45am - 3:45pm. Pay is $22.00/hr.
Back to top