- Pittsburgh, PA
Propel Schools is the largest network of public charter schools in Allegheny County consisting of 13 schools and approximately 4,000 scholars.Our mission is to provide high-quality schools to underserved communities. Each of our schools provide a rigorous academic environment and small class sizes where educators focus on providing each scholar with support and individualized attention. With one of the top starting teacher salaries in Allegheny County, a customizable benefits package and extraordinary career and professional development opportunities, Propel Schools is one of the area’s premier education organizations.
Propel Schools seeks a dedicated and inspirationalPrincipal-in-Training to join our team.
Principals oversee school performance and operations, making structural, budgetary and personnel decisions that promote the vision and instructional best practices of Propel Schools. As a member of the senior team, the Principal will play a pivotal role in leading a high-performing community of teachers and administrators and in enhancing a participatory, student-centered and rigorously outcomes-drive culture.If you are resilient, hardworking, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and are willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to closing the achievement gap for children impacted by poverty and race, then we invite you to consider a career with Propel Schools.
- Drive and support implementation of Propel Schools vision and Promising Principles to ensure a positive, achievement-focused school culture among teachers, staff and students
- Lead, supervise, and develop a high-functioning team of educators and operations personnel who are focused on driving superior academic performance and fostering personal responsibility
- Supervise instructional methods, evaluate lesson plans and coach teachers to ensure effective instructional strategies
- Engage parents and other community members in school and extracurricular activities to engender a neighborhood-centered approach to learning and development
- Create, manage, and evaluate operational processes to ensure consistency with Propel Schools’ values and goals
- Maintain compliance with state and federal regulations for education standards/requirements
- Ensure effective collection and analysis of student performance data to identify struggling students, curriculum shortfalls, and teacher quality issues
- Passionate commitment to Propel Schools’ mission
- Superior grasp of effective instructional and behavioral methods and strategies for educating urban youth
- Strong process, people, and project management skills with the proven ability to train, supervise and coach professional staff in order to foster a cooperative team environment
- Intellectual agility, a commitment to maintaining rigorous standards, and a demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute on multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to leverage computer software programs and other technology that will support the learning environment
- Understanding of public education and charter schools is desirable
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior leadership, Propel’s Board of Directors; school leadership and other staff and stakeholders
- PA Criminal, Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprint and recent TB test (must be completed prior to start date
Back to top