Every day, Propel strives for the extraordinary. We can achieve it - but not without extraordinary people who take society\u0027s injustices to heart and have the vision and energy to inspire others.
Almost 15 years ago, Propel started as a dream. The dream was to build an organization with the capacity to transform public education in Southwestern Pennsylvania so that all children have access to high performing public schools. Today, that dream is a reality.
Propel has become one of the largest, fastest-expanding set of charter schools in Pennsylvania with the highest levels of student achievement among Pennsylvania public school districts serving high poverty areas. The first school opened in 2003 with 180 children, occupying a small hospital basement. In 2018, almost 4,000 K-12 students attend thirteen facilities in Homestead, McKeesport, Montour, Munhall, Turtle Creek, Braddock Hills, Northside, Pitcairn and Hazelwood.
Our Mission is to catalyze the transformation of public education so that all children have access to high performing public schools. Propel owes its success to the hard work and dedication of its people, both in and out of the classroom.
Propel seeks an experienced Paraprofessional to join our amazing team at Propel Northside.You will play an important role in providing our scholars with the academic, behavioral and social emotional support they need. You will support scholars in large and small groups and/or provide individualizedacademicand behavior reinforcement inside the regular classroom and/or through pull-out. You will also assist the teachers in preparing curriculum materials, collecting and reporting student data and assisting students follow school-wide academic and behavioral expectations.
If you are resilient, hard-working, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and are willing to do whatever it takes to close the achievement gap for children impacted by poverty and race, then we invite you to consider a career with Propel Schools.
Successful candidates will have:
- An Associate Degree or at least 48 college credits;
- Education related Field or Work Experience;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a non-traditional, Urban education environment;
- A positive, high-energy attitude;
- Demonstrableability to build relationships with students;
- High level of personal organization and planning;
- Strong communication and problem solving skills;
- Willingness to participate in ongoing Professional Development;
- A commitment to the Promising Principles of Propel.
- TB Test
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 114 FBI Clearance
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure
- Act 24 Arrest and Conviction Disclosure