Full-Time Building Substitute Teacher
- Mckeesport, PA
Every day, Propel strives for the extraordinary. We can achieve it - but not without extraordinary people who take society\u0027s injustices to heart and have the vision and energy to inspire others.
Almost 15 years ago, Propel started as a dream. The dream was to build an organization with the capacity to transform public education in Southwestern Pennsylvania so that all children have access to high performing public schools. Today, that dream is a reality.
Propel has become one of the largest, fastest-expanding set of charter schools in Pennsylvania with the highest levels of student achievement among similar Pennsylvania public school districts.
Our Mission is to catalyze the transformation of public education so that all children have access to high performing public schools. Propel owes its success to the hard work and dedication of its people, both in and out of the classroom.
Propel seeks a Building Substitute to join our amazing teamat Propel Schools.The Building Substitute will be responsible for covering absences in the assigned building. If you are resilient, hard working, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and believe that all children can learn and deserve a high quality education, then we invite you to consider a career with Propel Schools.
We currently have Building Substitute openings at the following schools:
- Propel Homestead
- Propel Hazelwood
- Propel McKeesport
- Propel Northside
- Propel Pitcairn
- Propel Montour High School
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Ability to develop rigorous lesson plans and assessments
- Deep content area knowledge
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development
- Ability to utilize data to differentiate instruction
- A commitment to the Promising Principles of Propel
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural competency, high degree of emotional intelligence and self-awareness with the ability to reflect and adapt to diverse environments.
- Valid PA Teaching Certification (please upload your certification)
- TB Test
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 114 FBI Clearance
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure
- Act 24 Arrest and Conviction Disclosure
Back to top