Propel Schools seeks a highly organized and very personable Enrollment and Family Outreach Specialist. The Enrollment and Family Outreach Specialist is a primary point of contact for families interested in learning about Propel and enrolling their children in one of our schools.
- Maintaining communication on a daily basis by phone, email, and other correspondence with families potentially interested in enrolling children at a Propel school.
- Maintaining accurate records of all applications received.
- Reviewing applications and enrollment materials submitted by parents for accuracy and completeness, and following up with families via email and telephone so that the registration process is completed in a timely manner.
- Entering applicant information into our system for parents who do not have internet access.
- Processing and forwarding information to resident districts to schedule transportation for newly enrolled students.
- Requesting records from previous school.
- Responding to questions regarding waitlist status, enrollment process and other inquiries promptly.
- Meeting/exceeding enrollment budget number for assigned schools.
- Attending and/or developing family recruitment events in conjunction with local early child care providers, community organizations, other charter schools, and Propel schools.
- Attending school based retention and 8th grade transition events.
- Engaging with the community to promote applying to Propel Schools at various events.
- Reviewing enrollment data and assisting with reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing, Communications or English is required along with 1-3 year of experience in admissions or enrollment is preferred. A combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player and independently with culturally, educationally, and diverse internal and external customers.
- Excellent customer service skills in an educational or related setting.
- High level of time management, interpersonal communications and organization skills with a willingness to utilize resources to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Capacity to solve problems, stay positive and manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in Google platform and other software applications.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 75% of the time while working at the computer within the office.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
The person in this position constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
The person in this position frequently communicates with various internal and external stakeholders regarding communications. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Propel Schools is the largest network of public charter schools in Allegheny County consisting of 13 schools and approximately 4,000 scholars. Our mission is to provide high-quality schools to underserved communities. Each of our schools provide a rigorous academic environment and small class sizes where educators focus on providing each scholar with support and individualized attention. With one of the top starting teacher salaries in Allegheny County, a customizable benefits package and extraordinary career and professional development opportunities, Propel Schools is one of the area’s premier education organizations.