The Enrollment and Family Outreach Manager is responsible for the strategic and operational management of responsibilities, activities, and services related to the successful recruitment, selection, enrollment, transition of prospective scholars and families. The Enrollment and Family Outreach Manager’s primary responsibility is ensuring that community partners in the Greater Pittsburgh area know Propel Schools as a high-quality public school option for K-12 scholars.
Key Job Elements:
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Strategic Communications, create and execute a strategic, broad-based, results driven outreach plan to increase demand for Propel Schools in the Greater Pittsburgh area. Responsibilities include determining where and when to focus individual time or assign/recruit others within Propel to participate in school choice fairs, 8th grade transition fairs, community based organization
- Supervises the enrollment, transfer, and re-admission process for scholars and the preparation of related records and files.
- Processing the enrollment of families as a member of the Propel Schools Family.
- Provide supervision, support team to meet and exceed goals and complete performance evaluations for Enrollment Team Members.
- Ensure a smooth process for Propel 8th grade scholars entering a Propel high school in coordination with school teams and Communications Team.
- Partner with Propel Principals to meet or exceed their enrollment targets and to grow demand that produces healthy waitlists for each school.
- Develop relationships with key early childhood centers, Pre-K/Headstart programs, and relevant youth focused community organizations in the Greater Pittsburgh area with an eye toward recruiting families, promoting the Propel brand and supporting student/family retention.
- Work closely with the Child Accounting and Data and Reporting teams to ensure all relevant student data is accurate for billing purposes.
- Work with the Data and Reporting Team to ensure that scholar data is up to date and accurate in support of local, state and federal reporting requirements and on time submissions.
- Monitor closely and provide regular reports on scholar enrollment.
- Coordinate and manage the Annual Admission Lottery process.
- Must be available for evening and weekend events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Strategic Communications.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. A combination of transferable experience and education may be considered in lieu of a BS degree.
- Three to five years experience in marketing, public relations, student admissions (public, private and/or charter).
- Experience managing a team required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural competency, a high degree of emotional intelligence and self-awareness with the ability to reflect and adapt to diverse environments.
- Excellent customer service, organization, time management and follow up skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to collaborate with others, while helping to maintain a pleasant working environment.
- Excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability to influence and connect with a diverse audience.
- Ability to establish a set of operating principles and routines; driving projects to completion, while setting and maintaining high expectations.
Every day, Propel strives for the extraordinary. We can achieve it — but not without extraordinary people who take society\u0027s injustices to heart and have the vision and energy to positively inspire others.
Almost 15 years ago, Propel started as a dream. The dream was to build an organization with the capacity to transform public education in Southwestern Pennsylvania so that all children have access to high performing public schools. Today, that dream is a reality.
Propel has become one of the largest, fastest-expanding charter school networks in Pennsylvania with the highest levels of scholar achievement among Pennsylvania public school districts serving high poverty areas. Our first school opened in 2003 with 180 children, occupying a small hospital basement. In 2020, almost 4,000 K-12 scholars are enrolled in 13 Propel Schools in Homestead, McKeesport, Montour, Munhall, Turtle Creek, Braddock Hills, Northside, Pitcairn and Hazelwood.
Our mission is to catalyze the transformation of public education so that all children have access to high performing public schools. Propel owes its success to the hard work and dedication of its people, both in and out of the classroom.