Computer Science Teacher at Propel Montour High School
- McKees Rocks, PA
Propel Schools is the largest network of public charter schools in Allegheny County consisting of 13 schools and approximately 4,000 scholars.Our mission is to provide high-quality schools to underserved communities. Each of our schools provide a rigorous academic environment and small class sizes where educators focus on providing each scholar with support and individualized attention. With one of the top starting teacher salaries in Allegheny County, a customizable benefits package and extraordinary career and professional development opportunities, Propel Schools is one of the area’s premier education organizations.
Propel seeks an experienced Computer Science Teacherto join our amazing team at Propel Montour High School. If you are resilient, hard working, team-oriented, open to feedback, have grit, and are willing to do whatever it takes to close the achievement gap for children impacted by poverty and race, then we invite you to consider a career with Propel Schools.
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Ability to develop rigorous lesson plans and assessments
- Deep content area knowledge
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development
- Ability to utilize data to differentiate instruction
- A commitment to the Promising Principles of Propel
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural competency, high degree of emotional intelligence and self-awareness with the ability to reflect and adapt to diverse environments.
- Valid PA Teaching Certification (please upload your certification)
- TB Test
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance
- Act 114 FBI Clearance
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure
- Act 24 Arrest and Conviction Disclosure
Salary is competitive with a full benefits package (first year Teacher pay is $48,000). All of our classrooms are equipped with SmartBoards and each classroom Teacher receives a laptop.
- Medical Insurance,
- choice between Highmark and UPMC ($20 per month employee/$80 per month family)
- Medical Waiver
- if insurance waived, receive $75 per pay/$1,800 annually
- Dental Insurance ($1 per month employee/$1 per month family)
- Vision Insurance ($1 per month employee/$1 per month family)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 days of paid time off
- Propel contributes 5% to 403(b) and up to 4% employer match on employee contributions
- Life Insurance
- Propel provides a $50,000 policy
- Wellness Benefit
- Propel provides reimbursement of $20 per month ($240 annually) for wellness activities including gym memberships, diet programs, etc.
- Tuition Assistance Program
- After 1 year of service, reimbursement of up to $2,000 annually
- Short Term Disability
- Propel-paid Short Term Disability (60% of salary for all full-time employees)
- Education or Child Care Benefit
- After 2 years of service, receive $75 per pay ($1,800 annually) towards either Student Loans, 529 Account or FSA Dependent Care Account
The anticipated start date for this position is October 1st, 2020.
Back to top