Technical Program Manager - Portland
- Portland, OR
At Propeller, you will:
- Advance your technology program expertise by working with cross-functional, global client teams in a variety of industries and domains
- Coordinate and collaborate with product, engineering, and support teams to deliver high-impact technology deployments in an agile environment
- Deliver technical projects including builds, upgrades, migrations, integrations and deprecations; drive projects from start to finish, including analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation phases
- Build strong relationships with clients, stakeholder, and technical contributors to help advance the needs of the project, and have support and allies to turn to when issues arise
- Drive sessions on solutioning that help clients scope and size future work, assist in translating these conversations into resourcing, financial, and delivery projections
- Communicate clearly and concisely while delivering presentations and written communications to large stakeholder audiences and executive leadership teams, being able to explain the status of technical risks and issues in a business-friendly manner that helps drive alignment
- Manage multiple projects confidently yet carefully with incomplete information; bring structure where there is ambiguity
- Anticipate and resolve stakeholder resistance and other risks, in order to bring others along to a desired outcome
- Develop a trusted client partnership by surfacing unspoken concerns and seeking to understand the client’s business and environment as a whole
- Grow with Propeller by supporting internal initiatives to uplift our people, processes, and market presence
- Cultivate new skillsets based on your own professional development goals utilizing the learning and development budget provided by Propeller
- Work where you live; all our consultants work locally with no travel required
- 3 - 10 years of technical program management, systems engineering or related experience with software, networking, or cloud technologies in agile environments
- Comfort with all aspects of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to development to testing to release management and a solid understanding and familiarity with the challenges that are often found within each phase to be able to proactively see potential issues before they arise
- Experience managing risk, budget, resourcing, and schedules against project milestones, you can confidently manage and report on project budget
- Ability to facilitate and provide direction to engineering and development teams
- Experience working with third party technology providers
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and facilitation skills, being equally as comfortable speaking with a group of engineers as you are with a group of senior stakeholders and knowing how to tailor your message appropriately to the audience
- Career history that demonstrates progressive responsibility and accountability
- Ease with building rapport and trust among all stakeholders and teammates through integrity, honesty, authenticity, and drive
- Natural curiosity, creativity and humility
- Demonstrated proactiveness and perseverance in complex environments - would always rather be thinking two steps ahead than playing defense
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- The ability to demonstrate a legal right to work in the U.S.
We believe in fairly and equally compensating our employees for their time and talents. We do that by offering a competitive salary, uncapped bonus eligibility, an employee stock ownership program and many other benefits. There is a wide range of salaries based on years of experience, specific skillsets, anticipated marketability to Propeller’s clients, and location; the total compensation range (base + bonus) for this position is $85,000 to $120,000. Specific ranges will be discussed in the later stages of a candidate’s interview process.
Hiring for these positions are on a rolling basis. We anticipate keeping this position open indefinitely and will make contingent offers based on upcoming client demand.
This position is temporarily remote but is expected to be in-person once Propeller employees return to the office in accordance with local health guidance. Candidates should currently live near Portland, or plan to relocate upon hire.
Propeller is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We are committed to attracting, developing, and advancing the most talented individuals regardless of their race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity.
Back to top