Director, Advertising Partnerships
- New York, NY
At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 2 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. This year we are expanding further into the financial services space with the aim of building new products that help our users manage the other aspects of their financial lives.
You’ll be responsible for Propel’s commercial partnerships. For Fresh EBT, this entails growing our direct advertising business with partners who help our users find new ways to save money or earn income. You will set annual goals and lead our sales, account management, and operations teams to grow revenue and user value.
More broadly, you will also develop and execute commercial partnerships across other strategic priorities. This could include distribution partnerships for Fresh EBT, co-marketing opportunities, or rewards partnerships for a new financial product.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Nyca, Kleiner Perkins, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
- Senior management responsibility at a growing start-up
- Broad start-up and business exposure and ownership
- A get-stuff-done, fun, and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn
What you’ll do:
- Develop Propel’s revenue strategy for Fresh EBT, setting annual goals and managing against a plan to achieve them
- Build, grow, and coach a team across sales, account management, and operations
- Serve as a senior strategic advisor to partners, particularly in identifying ways Propel can support their goals
- Serve as the voice of partners to Propel leadership and internal stakeholders
- Develop strategic commercial partnerships that drive product engagement, user acquisition, or other key company goals
What you have:
- 8+ years of work experience, with direct experience in external partnerships / client relationships (business development, sales/account management, consulting, etc.)
- Extensive people management experience. You’re passionate about coaching and developing teams
- P&L or project / operations ownership. You’ve led a business unit or cross-functional project end-to-end and driven results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strategic and creative approach. You don’t need to have a background in digital advertising, but you need to be excited about ramping up quickly in the space
- Start-up experience. You’ve built something from scratch at work or on the side with few resources
- Deep desire to help fulfill Propel's mission of building modern, effective, and respectful tools for low-income Americans
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
Back to top