Business Development Manager
- New York, NY
At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 2 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. This year we are expanding further into the financial services space with the aim of building new products that help our users manage the other aspects of their financial lives.
Fresh EBT works with advertising partners to help our users find new ways to save money or earn income. The business development team is responsible for driving revenue and crafting valuable new partnerships for Fresh EBT users. From day one, you will be responsible for some of our largest customer relationships, while also pitching and growing new partnerships from scratch. This will encompass both the tactical (making sure campaigns get done!) to the highly strategic (deeply understanding client goals and how Fresh EBT can support them).
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact and drive revenue
- Broad start-up business exposure -- you’ll gain sales, account management, and client management experience, but also be a key part of setting business strategy
- A get-stuff-done, fun, and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn
What you’ll do:
- Close new advertiser customers (develop tailored proposals/respond to RFPs, deliver executive-level presentations, negotiate and finalize contracts)
- Lead customer relationships end-to-end (from sales through retention / ongoing engagement)
- Ensure that campaigns are successfully executed; manage campaigns externally and internally (across teams such as ads implementation, design, product, etc.)
- Actively monitor and suggest optimizations for campaigns
- Build new, creative solutions for deeper partnerships, co-marketing / PR, exclusive offers in uncharted territories
- Create thoughtful wrap-up presentations that capture campaign results and findings
- Act as a strategic partner to the client to help them understand low-income consumers and to identify next steps and campaigns
- Serve as the customer specialist at Propel
What you have:
- 4+ years of work experience with sales, account management or other client-facing experience a plus; digital advertising experience not required
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to build high-quality client-facing presentations
- Strategic and creative approach: able to quickly learn about new industries, suggest new ideas to test, etc.; passionate about about building new services and processes
- Interest in learning how industries, products, and services contribute to and/or serve the experiences of low-income Americans
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment where you’ll be asked to balance multiple priorities
- Deep desire to help fulfill Propel's mission of building modern, effective, and respectful tools for low-income Americans
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
Back to top