SOS Neighbor Service Tech II (Floating Maintenance Tech II)
The SOS Neighbor Service Tech II I on the SOS (Support Operations Specialists) Team is responsible for providing maintenance support to Prometheus Neighborhoods all across the portfolio. This position requires SOS Neighbor Service Tech II to work a flexible schedule and also have the ability to commute to properties across the local area depending upon the assignment. The standards for the SOS Team require the SOS Neighbor Service Tech I to demonstrate the ability to provide outstanding service to both residents and fellow Prometheans from the first moment of a new assignment, represent the SOS Team brand throughout the entire assignment, excel without the daily supervision and successfully and quickly adapt to a variety of ever-changing work environments and teammates.
- Complete service requests assigned by supervisor; Repair basic appliance problems; Replace burners, rings, knobs, refrigerator shelves, lights, etc.; Lock replacements, adjustments, bolt installation, window locks, make keys and latches; Repair and replace, screens and doors; Assist in major appliance installation; Detail turnover units; Drywall repairs on previously occupied space, stripping wall paper; Satisfactorily complete all turnover punch list items.
- Basic skills such as: Basic plumbing - leaky faucets, plunging toilets, and clean up running toilets, repair tank contents, pulling and replacing toilets and caulking; Touch up painting, preparation, sanding and color match, small application skills; Simple electrical skills - switches plugs, cord splicing, ballasts and bulbs, circuit breaker testing, exhaust fans; Basic carpentry - rehanging closet rods, replacing mirrors, fixing and installing drawers and drawer tracks, install and remove drape rods; Maybe called upon to perform groundskeeper responsibilities.
- Responsible for performing all work duties in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety policies; Relaying information to management regarding property operations or conditions which could constitute a physical or liability hazard; Perform additional duties and handle projects as assigned by the Property Manager; Achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards; Comply fully with all Prometheus Real Estate Group rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Prometheus Real Estate Group’s facilities; Additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Principal or others at the Principal’s direction; Occasional travel will be required based upon the property’s needs.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- High School education is preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience and/or training in apartment maintenance
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Some mechanical aptitude, understanding of building materials and tools.
- Must be able to function effectively in a customer service environment.
- Must be available for on-call services.
Back to top