Service Desk Technician II
The Service Desk Technician II primarily provides end-user support, focusing on the technology solutions provided at Prometheus and their integration into work processes. This position will support Prometheans both remotely and at the deskside and will be required to escalate as needed. This position is responsible for end-point software, hardware, and operating system installation, configuration and support; peripheral installation and support, mobile devices, systems and network troubleshooting, applications support and telecommunications inquiries and is also the escalation point for Tier I Technicians. In-depth experience and understanding in these areas are a must. This position specifically requires strong technical understanding, customer service, communication, organizational, and time management skills. The Service Desk Technician II must possess the experience and knowledge of the Service Desk I position. This position reports directly to the Service Desk Team Lead/Director of IT Operations. This position has a bonus potential of 6%-8%.
AVERAGE % OF TIME
Supportive Responsibilities – Through all contact avenues and utilizing our ticketing system for tracking, provides technical support for Prometheans for company approved hardware and software solutions, including traditional productivity applications, proprietary applications and solutions to emerging technology solutions like Cloud services. User and some administrator level OS support for Windows desktop and server platforms. Working knowledge of Active Directory and networking and knowledge of how IT Infrastructure is tied together as a whole is required. Supports hardware & software, break/fix, and preventative maintenance support for all end-point hardware including, desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices and other hardware technologies as they are introduced into the environment. Supports remote sites over VPN connections to the Home Office. Respond to and resolve VPN access and performance issues. Assist with Corporate support tickets and take lead on incident and problem resolution for any major system issues. In addition, the Service Desk team assists with security and access control systems (door & gate access systems) at our Neighborhoods. Telecom, such as Internet connectivity, phones and copiers also fall under the scope of management of the Service Desk.
Tier II Technologist Responsibilities – Creating, updating and maintaining technical documentation, Developing and documenting new or updated technical processes; Assisting the team in developing best practices based on technical industry experience and emerging industry standards. Research new or emerging technologies to improve upon current or missing process efficiencies for the department or the organization as a whole. Participate and lead Service Desk projects. Mentor and lead junior Service Desk Technicians. Serve as first escalation point for junior Service Desk Technician I.
Other Responsibilities –Complete special projects as assigned by the Service Desk Manager, Director of IT Operations, VP of Technology or their equivalents; Provide status reports to the Service Desk Manager, Director of IT Operations, VP of Technology or their equivalents as required; Additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Principal or others at the Principal’s direction; Travel will be required based upon the Organization’s and team’s needs.
Upholding Standards - Perform additional duties and handle projects as assigned by the VP of Technology; Achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards; Complete all mandatory training as requested; Comply fully with all Prometheus Real Estate Group rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Prometheus Real Estate Group’s facilities; Additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Principal or others at the Principal’s direction; Travel will be required based upon Neighborhood’s needs. Adherence to Organization and department policies and procedures is necessary.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Associates degree in management information systems or computer science preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in desktop support and troubleshooting, showing increased scope of responsibilities
- Minimum of one year of managing projects within the scope of Service Desk responsibilities
- Minimum of two years’ experience with help desk ticketing systems
- Minimum three years’ computing hardware and software support including asset inventory and license tracking
- Certifications from vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, ISC2 , ITIL or other technology vendors or process management certifications are highly desired but not required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals and write routine reports and correspondence
- Must have fundamental Information Security knowledge
- Must be able to think critically
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from Prometheans, neighbors, clients, and vendors
- Must possess advanced computational skills; add, subtract, divide, and multiply. Must be able to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions generated by a computer
- Proficient in technology is a must
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to speak, communicate, read, write and understand the primary languages used in the workplace including, but not limited to, English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers.
- Ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks and to work and complete assignments on time despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to work independently without need for explicit directions/instructions while maintaining standards and conformity
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by Prometheus Real Estate Group environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with residents, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Back to top