From providing a living experience that is smart, efficient, and maybe even a little bit fun, to going above and beyond in responding to our neighbors, to taking us beyond a commodity that competes on square footage and amenities, Prometheus is continually re-defining what a Portfolio Manager might be. Challenging convention and recreating the leasing and living experience is where we're headed. Innovation and unsurpassed customer service experience are the yardsticks by which we measure success.
This outstanding company is the Bay Area’s largest privately held owner operator of some of the finest luxury apartment complexes in the Bay Area, ranging in size from 100 units to 1000 units. Each property is staffed by a Property Manager, engineering/maintenance staff, and leasing professionals.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for all residential property management operations, establishing and enforcing benchmarks, guidelines and policies. The Portfolio Manager directly supervises new business development and residential litigation, and communicates status to executives and interdepartmentall. The Portfolio Manager will oversee and manage between four and twelve properties, demonstrating outstanding people skills, attention to detail, branding, and responsiveness to reports and information.
- Complete monthly review of financials and narratives, review weekly project data including recaps, traffic reports, follow-up cards and delinquencies, and obtain information for contract summaries
- Conduct site visits on a regular basis to include but not limited to review of: curb appeal, model inspections, expense approvals, and personnel issues
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities inluding interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems
- Provide management with valid and reliable information for phases of planning including: budgets, staffing, capital improvements, and other programs
- Review and analyze bid summaries, work contracts, vendor summaries, site inventories, market comp/analysis, advertisements, and One Site reports
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of five years supervisory property management experience
- Candidates with professional experience in hospitality with the multi-outlet responsibilities encouraged to explore this opportunity
- Working knowledge of eviction law, Fair Housing mandates, and other legal issues affecting property management and ARM, CPM or CAM designations are preferred
Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Onesite and the Internet
- Analytical skills (interpreting and using statistical and financial reports to drive bottom-line results)
- Management skills (hiring and supervising property-level staff to obtain consistently excellent results)
- Business skills (overseeing contracts, vendors, bids, and inventories)
- Marketing skills (sales training, maintenance of curb appeal, advertising, demonstration models)
Prometheans possess strong communication skills and really enjoy working with others. Our team is made up of a diverse group of people who listen as well as voice their opinion. We want entrepreneur types -- who thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. Prometheans are passionate about what they do and are self-motivated. What sets us apart is we are all about doing things differently, seeking opportunities that are not apparent to others, and getting things done. Most importantly, to be successful at Prometheus we act on our principles. Everyday, we set a positive example for others to emulate and embrace our vision that at Prometheus “WE ARE HOME.”
Meet Some of Prometheus's Employees
Lauren’s role is a blend of customer service, sales, and administration. Every day she welcomes current Neighbors to the office and provides them with top-notch service while also showing new apartments to future Neighbors.
Back to top