Neighborhood Porter (Groundskeeper/ Porter)
The Neighborhood Porter is responsible for the cleanliness, physical appearance, and curb appeal of the Neighborhood in order to assist the rental staff in achieving the overall occupancy goals and assist in resident retention by providing a quality living environment for the neighbors (residents). This position reports to the Neighborhood Director and is supervised by the Neighborhood Service Manager, Lead Neighborhood Service Technician or Neighbor Service Tech III. This position has a bonus potential of 3%.
Daily Operations - Responsible for the physical upkeep of the Neighborhood to include: policing the grounds, cleaning and odor control of trash areas, common area floor care, trash removal for vacated apartments, cleaning of walkways, stairwells, mailbox areas, carports, some common-area painting; Removal of trash bins from common areas; Use of a golf cart or other vehicle may be required; Responsible for cleaning the Leasing Office, model up-keep, as well as some vacant apartment cleaning; Cleaning of laundry rooms, common areas, policing grounds; Basic pool cleaning, alignment, and the cleaning of pool furniture; Preparation of the model and tour route to ensure quality presentation of sales product; Participation in the monitoring and replacement, if required, of common-area lighting;
Upholding Standards - May be asked to perform some light maintenance duties to supplement the maintenance efforts; Participation in the monitoring and replacement, if required, of common-area lighting; Timely reporting of supply needs to Neighborhood Service Manager; Injury free completion of all assigned tasks, and participation in the notification and remedy of potential liability hazards and maintenance of an injury free workplace; Perform additional duties and handle projects as assigned by the Neighborhood Manager; Achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards; Comply fully with all Prometheus Real Estate Group rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Prometheus Real Estate Group’s facilities; Additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Principal or others at the Principal’s direction; Occasional travel will be required based upon the Neighborhood’s needs
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Some custodial or apartment experience is helpful.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be able to function effectively in a customer service environment.
- Ability to communicate and understand the primary languages used in the workplace including, but not limited to, English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Must be able to complete scheduled routine tasks quickly and efficiently, without supervision.
- Should be familiar with safe use of basic tools.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Temperature is moderate.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires standing, climbing, balancing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with residents, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock
Back to top