Neighborhood Porter (Groundskeeper/ Porter)
Prometheans are here to revolutionize the apartment industry, and we have over 500 of them who choose to call us HOME for their career. At Prometheus we believe the employment relationship is a two way street. Yes, we want you to earn a fair day’s pay for the work you do but, more importantly, we want you to feel that Prometheus is a HOME for your ideas and a career that helps you grow.
YOUR ROLE AND IMPACT
Some companies call them “groundskeepers”, but at Prometheus our Neighborhood Porters do so much more. As a Neighborhood Porter, your role is a constant blend of:
- Customer Service – First and foremost, it's your job to make sure our Neighbors feel at HOME, ridiculously well-cared for and genuinely proud to live in our Neighborhoods. Show them tomorrow matters.
- Daily Operations – Every detail counts. Our Neighborhood porters are responsible for the cleanliness, physical appearance and curb appeal of our Neighborhoods.
As you can tell, you'll be busy, but our Neighborhood Porters love that. Every day brings something a little different and challenges you to grow in new ways. You'll be empowered to solve problems by indulging your creativity and be supported by others who love to do the same. So if you're passionate about people and are looking for the right entry-level opportunity to get you started on a long-term career journey, then come take that first step with us.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a variety of benefits that take compensation well beyond a paycheck. This includes traditional benefits and benefits you might not expect or know about, such as:
- 100% Paid Benefits (you read that right, Prometheus pays 100% of healthcare, vision, and dental insurance premiums for all Prometheans and their families)
- Unlimited paid volunteer time
- Housing discounts
- 401(K) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays, including your birthday!
Learn more about these and other perks of being a Promethean by exploring our full Benefits Guide.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Some custodial or apartment experience is helpful.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be able to function effectively in a customer service environment.
- Ability to communicate and understand the primary languages used in the workplace including, but not limited to, English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Must be able to complete scheduled routine tasks quickly and efficiently, without supervision.
- Should be familiar with safe use of basic tools.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Temperature is moderate.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires standing, climbing, balancing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with residents, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock
Back to top