Neighborhood Director (Property Manager)
Prometheans are here to revolutionize the apartment industry, and we have over 500 of them who choose to call us HOME for their career. At Prometheus we believe the employment relationship is a two way street. Yes, we want you to earn a fair day’s pay for the work you do but, more importantly, we want you to feel that Prometheus is a HOME for your ideas and a career that helps you grow.
YOUR ROLE AND IMPACT
Some companies call them “Property Managers” or "Business Managers", but at Prometheus our Neighborhood Directors do so much more. As a Neighborhood Director, your role is a constant blend of:
- Financial Management - You know just what it takes to ensure your Neighborhood achieves the income expectations in your operating budget. No matter if you are recommending major capital projects or simply tracking your office supply budget, you make every detail (and dollar) count. You are fluent in variance reports, market dynamics, and local rental ordinances.
- Customer Service – You are a problem solver that makes renting easy. When Neighbors have questions on things like complex rental laws or are dissatisfied with their service, you help them find the answers. You know “the buck stops with you”, but you are just as happy to pitch-in and help your team by touring Neighbors and answering phones whenever the office gets busy.
- Leadership - You lead by example and show our Prometheans that tomorrow matters. You work closely with your Neighborhood Service Manager to ensure your teams have the resources and training they need to thrive. Their success is your success, and you have a natural passion to coach and develop your whole team to see them grow.
Clearly, you are asked to do a lot around here, but that’s just what our Neighborhood Directors love. After all, you are the type of person who achieves your long-range plans by creating a warm and fun culture where your team feels at HOME, and that’s exactly why you’re excited to become a Promethean. So if this feels like the type of property management job that you have always been searching for, we invite you to call Prometheus your HOME.
- You Like to Be Kept "On-Call" - You know your Neighborhood never shuts down just because your office closes at 6pm or your personal workweek ends on Friday. Even though you may be out of the office, you always tell your team that you're only a phone call away if they ever have rental questions or there are maintenance emergencies. Of course you will have plenty of time to be "Off-Call", we still want you to take vacations and come back refreshed and relaxed. We offer great vacation perks, including your birthday!
- Your Experience - Property management is nothing new to you. You have been in the industry for at least three years already and have been managing people for two of them. You are well versed in the legalities of property management and understand property accounting, the dynamics of rental markets, and effective team leadership.
- Your Cultural Traits - Although we’re a highly dispersed organization by the nature of our business, our Prometheans are strongly united by our Purpose, Mission and our Cultural Traits, which are a blend of Team Oriented, Communicator, Entrepreneurial, Passionate, Self-Starter, Creative, Principled, and Brand Ambassador skills.
- Your Education - Bachelor’s degree is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a variety of benefits that take compensation well beyond a paycheck. This includes traditional benefits and benefits you might not expect or know about, such as:
- 100% Paid Benefits (you read that right, Prometheus pays 100% of healthcare, vision, and dental insurance premiums for all Prometheans and their families)
- Unlimited paid volunteer time
- Housing discounts
- 401(K) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays, including your birthday!
Learn more about these and other perks of being a Promethean by exploring our full Benefits Guide.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
Our Neighborhood Director must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- ARM, CPM or CAM designations are preferred
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public.
- Must possess basic computational skills; add, subtract, divide, and multiply. Must have the ability to compute rate, discounts, interest, and commissions. Must be able to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions generated by a computer
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, OneSite and the Internet. Ability to type 40+ wpm.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to speak, communicate, read, write and understand the primary languages used in the workplace including, but not limited to, English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by Prometheus Real Estate Group environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with residents, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Meet Some of Prometheus's Employees
A Promethean for over 10 years, Natasha has grown from Neighbor Ambassador to Portfolio Manager, where she now provides senior leadership and support to her on-site teams.
Back to top