Neighbor Service Tech II (Maintenance Technician II) - Lease Up
- Mountain View, CA
The Neighbor Service Technician II is responsible to efficiently perform all general apartment and facilities maintenance. Assist in meeting the Neighborhood net operating income goals relative to occupancy as defined in the operating plan, in accordance with the policies and procedures defined by the company in order to preserve and maintain the asset and provide a quality living environment for the Neighbors, and working to establish a positive, productive work relationship with the Neighborhood staff. This position reports to the Neighborhood Director and is directly supervised by the Neighborhood Service Manager, the Lead Neighbor Service Technician or Neighbor Service Technician III. This position has a bonus potential of 3%.
Supportive Duties - Contribute to the achievement of Neighborhood financial goals through effective productivity and cost effective management of maintenance functions, without compromising quality; Schedule outside vendors when required; Must be able to perform administrative support duties for maintenance related activities; Prepare timely and accurate maintenance journals and summary documentation; Assist in implementing changes in system or assignments in accordance with findings of the maintenance recordkeeping system (OneSite), to ensure more efficient management of maintenance operations of the Neighborhood
Daily Operations - Responsible for timely completion of all phases of apartment make-ready work, troubleshooting and repair of most major and all minor mechanical systems; Responsible for unsupervised, timely completion of occupied apartment service requests in accordance with predefined company and Neighborhood standards; Responsible for all aspects of maintenance of the Neighborhood, including Neighbor satisfaction and contribution to Neighborhood occupancy goals; Use of a golf cart or other vehicle may be required;
Industry Expertise – Master the basic skills such as: Basic plumbing - leaky faucets, plunging toilets, and clean up running toilets, repair tank contents, pulling and replacing toilets and caulking; Touch up painting, preparation, sanding and color match, small application skills; Simple electrical skills - switches plugs, cord splicing, ballasts and bulbs, circuit breaker testing, exhaust fans; Basic carpentry - hanging closet rods, replacing mirrors, fixing and installing drawers and drawer tracks, install and remove drape rods; Capability to perform Neighbor Service Tech I and Groundskeeper duties.
Upholding Standards - Responsible for contributing to Neighborhood occupancy goals by maintaining upkeep of all units; Participate in preventative maintenance programs and on-going maintenance and repair of all mechanical systems of the Neighborhood, to preserve and maintain the asset; Responsible for participation in the creation and monitoring of a safe workplace for self and staff, with goal of zero work related injuries; Participate in the creation and implementation of an emergency plan for the Neighborhood; Assist in training all staff to assist in emergency operations; Perform additional duties and handle projects as assigned by the Neighborhood Director; Achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards; Comply fully with all Prometheus Real Estate Group rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Prometheus Real Estate Group’s facilities; Additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Principal or others at the Principal’s direction; Occasional travel will be required based upon the Neighborhood’s needs
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of two years experience and/or training in apartment maintenance
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, Neighbors, and the general public.
- Must possess basic computer proficiency.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to speak, communicate, read, write and understand the primary languages used in the workplace including, but not limited to, English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers.
- Mechanical aptitude, understanding of building materials and tools.
- Must be able to function effectively in a customer service environment.
- Must be available for on-call services.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Temperature is moderate.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires standing, climbing, balancing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with Neighbors, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock
Prometheus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Back to top