Neighbor Service Tech I (Maintenance Technician I)
The Neighbor Service Tech I is responsible for the completion of general maintenance tasks including some service requests and turnover functions (based on individual ability to complete tasks) in order to assist in maintaining and preserving the Neighborhood and to provide a quality living environment for the Neighbors. This position reports to the Neighborhood Director and is directly supervised by the Neighborhood Service Manager, the Lead Neighbor Service Technician or Neighbor Service Technician III. This position has a bonus potential of 3%.
Daily Operations - Complete service requests assigned by supervisor; Repair basic appliance problems; Replace burners, rings, knobs, refrigerator shelves, lights, etc.; Lock replacements, adjustments, bolt installation, window locks, make keys and latches; Repair and replace, screens and doors; Assist in major appliance installation; Detail turnover units; Drywall repairs on previously occupied space, stripping wall paper; Satisfactorily complete all turnover punch list items; Use of a golf cart or other vehicle may be required;
Industry Expertise - Basic skills such as: Basic plumbing - leaky faucets, plunging toilets, and clean up running toilets, repair tank contents, pulling and replacing toilets and caulking; Touch up painting, preparation, sanding and color match, small application skills; Simple electrical skills - switches plugs, cord splicing, ballasts and bulbs, circuit breaker testing, exhaust fans; Basic carpentry - rehanging closet rods, replacing mirrors, fixing and installing drawers and drawer tracks, install and remove drape rods; May be called upon to perform groundskeeper responsibilities
Upholding Standards - Responsible for performing all work duties in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety policies; Relaying information to management regarding Neighborhood operations or conditions which could constitute a physical or liability hazard; Perform additional duties and handle projects as assigned by the Neighborhood Manager; Achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards; Comply fully with all Prometheus Real Estate Group rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Prometheus Real Estate Group’s facilities; Additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Principal or others at the Principal’s direction; Occasional travel will be required based upon the Neighborhood’s needs
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High School education is preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience and/or training in apartment maintenance
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, Neighbors, and the general public.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to speak, communicate, read, write and understand the primary languages used in the workplace including, but not limited to, English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers.
- Some mechanical aptitude, understanding of building materials and tools.
- Must be able to function effectively in a customer service environment.
- Must be available for on-call services.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Temperature is moderate.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires standing, climbing, balancing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with Neighbors, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock
Meet Some of Prometheus's Employees
A Promethean for over 10 years, Natasha has grown from Neighbor Ambassador to Portfolio Manager, where she now provides senior leadership and support to her on-site teams.
Back to top