Neighbor Ambassador (Leasing Specialist)
Prometheans are here to revolutionize the apartment industry, and we have over 500 of them who choose to call us HOME for their career. At Prometheus we believe the employment relationship is a two way street. Yes, we want you to earn a fair day’s pay for the work you do but, more importantly, we want you to feel that Prometheus is a HOME for your ideas and a career that helps you grow.
YOUR ROLE AND IMPACT
Some companies call them “Leasing Agents” or “Leasing Consultants”, but at Prometheus our Neighbor Ambassadors do so much more. As a Neighbor Ambassador, your role is a constant blend of:
- Customer Service - Simply put, it's your job to make sure our Neighbors feel at HOME, ridiculously well-cared for and genuinely proud to live in our Neighborhoods. Show them tomorrow matters.
- Sales - Make renting easy. Before they become Neighbors, they are Future Neighbors, and you are there to guide them through our Ultimate Leasing Experience.
- Administration - Every detail counts. Whether it's creating market reports, preparing rental agreements, or posting apartment ads, you'll learn how to master the operations of property management.
As you can tell, you'll be busy, but our Neighbor Ambassadors love that. Every day brings something a little different and challenges you to grow in new ways. You'll be empowered to solve problems by indulging your creativity and be supported by others who love to do the same. So if you're passionate about people and are looking for the right entry-level opportunity to get you started on a long-term career journey, then come take that first step with us.
- Working Weekends - Our Neighborhoods are busiest on the weekends, so that's when we need you there. Your schedule will include regular days off that fall between Monday through Friday. Of course, we still want you to take vacation time, including weekends, and come back refreshed and relaxed. We offer great vacation perks, including your birthday!
- Your Experience - Prometheans come from all walks of life and from all over the globe. We’re also very diverse in that we hire talent with experience in other industries and who bring different skill sets and ideas to our company. You should bring a passion for working in a customer service, sales and marketing environment.
- Your Cultural Traits - Although we’re a highly dispersed organization by the nature of our business, our Prometheans are strongly united by our Purpose, Mission and our Cultural Traits. These are the defining characteristics of a Promethean: Team Oriented, Communicator, Entrepreneurial, Passionate, Self-Starter, Creative, Principled, and Brand Ambassador.
- Your Education - Bachelor’s degree is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a variety of benefits that take compensation well beyond a paycheck. This includes traditional benefits and benefits you might not expect or know about, such as:
- 100% Paid Benefits (you read that right, Prometheus pays 100% of healthcare, vision, and dental insurance premiums for all Prometheans and their families)
- Unlimited paid volunteer time
- Housing discounts
- 401(K) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays, including your birthday!
Learn more about these and other perks of being a Promethean by exploring our full Benefits Guide.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Prior Neighborhood management experience preferred.
- One year experience in sales/marketing and customer service environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, other employees, clients, Neighbors, and the general public.
- Must possess basic computational skills; add, subtract, divide, and multiply. Must have the ability to compute rate, discounts, interest, and commissions. Must be able to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions generated by a computer
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, OneSite and the Internet. Ability to type 40+ wpm.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to speak, communicate, read, write and understand the primary languages used in the workplace including, but not limited to, English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by Prometheus Real Estate Group environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with Neighbors, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Meet Some of Prometheus's Employees
A Promethean for over 10 years, Natasha has grown from Neighbor Ambassador to Portfolio Manager, where she now provides senior leadership and support to her on-site teams.
Back to top