Lead Neighborhood Service Tech
The Lead Neighborhood Service Tech is responsible for all physical operation of the property, particularly the preservation and maintenance of the asset, in accordance with policies and procedures defined by the company, with the primary objectives of increasing the net operating income of the property and providing a quality living environment for Neighbor’s and establishing positive, productive working relationships with the property staff. Primarily, the Lead Neighborhood Service Tech is responsible for assisting the Neighborhood Service Manager with personnel management and assistance with administrative duties. This position reports to the Neighborhood Director and is directly supervised by the Neighborhood Service Manager. This position has a bonus potential of 3%.
Supportive Supervisory Duties - Contributes to the achievement of Neighborhood financial goals through effective productivity and cost effective management of maintenance functions without compromising quality; Monitoring and scheduling all maintenance personnel and vendors, making the most efficient use of available resources and assist with monitoring work force adherence to company policies and procedures; Responsible for all aspects of maintenance of the Neighborhood, including resident satisfaction and contribution to Neighborhood occupancy goals; Assists in preparation and implementation of changes in systems or assignments in accordance with the findings of the maintenance recordkeeping system (OneSite), to ensure more efficient management of maintenance operations of the Neighborhood; Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, directing work, and resolving problems; Assists with maintenance staff scheduling and ensuring the staff meets all maintenance standards
Daily Operations - Responsible for the administration of maintenance functions, and accurate tracking of inventory for repair and maintenance; Responsible for turnover process, troubleshooting and repair of all mechanical systems, satisfactory and timely completion of service requests, and observation and reporting of potential liability concerns or safety hazards; Prepare timely and accurate maintenance recordkeeping system (OneSite) and summary documentation; Responsible for all maintenance on Neighborhood with focus on resident requests for satisfaction purposes; Resolve complex tenant problems and create the most cost effective solutions
Industry Expertise – Ensure, with the assistance of the administrative staff, that all vendors used on the Neighborhood are approved and meet all requirements of the Neighborhood; Master skills such as plumbing, painting, electrical, and carpentry skills; Capability to perform the duties of Neighbor Service Techs and Neighborhood Porters; Be able to appraise damage, determine the ability of the in-house crew to remedy the problem, and/or the need to hire outside contractor; Responsible for in-depth knowledge of any Neighborhood-specific special needs or problems (asbestos, remediation plan, deficient mechanical or plumbing systems, etc.); Responsible for knowledge of, and participation in, company safety policies; Involved in contract preparation and capitol budgets to assure alignment with projected budgets
Upholding Standards - Responsible for contributing to Neighborhood occupancy goals by maintaining upkeep of all units; Participate in preventative maintenance programs and on-going maintenance and repair of all mechanical systems of the Neighborhood, to preserve and maintain the asset; Responsible for participation in the creation and monitoring of a safe workplace for self and staff, with goal of zero work related injuries; Assist in safety training and enforce safe work practices of the maintenance staff; Assist in the creation and maintenance of an emergency plan for the Neighborhood; Perform additional duties and handle projects as assigned by the Neighborhood Manager; Achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards; Comply fully with all Prometheus Real Estate Group rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Prometheus Real Estate Group’s facilities; Additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Principal or others at the Principal’s direction; Occasional travel will be required based upon the Neighborhood’s needs
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum of three years experience and/or training in apartment maintenance
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience, if applicable.
- Must have minimum three certificates from related institutions reflecting completion of maintenance related courses, such as BOMA, IREM and/or vocational programs, or four or more year’s inter-company experience.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public.
- Must possess basic computational skills; add, subtract, divide, and multiply. Must have the ability to compute rate, discounts, interest, and commissions. Must be able to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions generated by a computer
- Must possess basic computer proficiency.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to speak, communicate, read, write and understand the primary languages used in the workplace including, but not limited to, English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local governing laws.
- Must be available for on-call services
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Temperature is moderate.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for several hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with residents, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock
Meet Some of Prometheus's Employees
Lauren’s role is a blend of customer service, sales, and administration. Every day she welcomes current Neighbors to the office and provides them with top-notch service while also showing new apartments to future Neighbors.
Back to top