Home Base Coordinator
- San Mateo, CA
We're excited for you to join us in our mission to pursue good living for the greater good. This means providing the very best living experience for our Neighbors, while doing good in our communities and beyond. It also means supporting you in your career goals with the very best working experience, and that starts with us having fun in the work we do together.
At Prometheus we believe the employment relationship is a two way street. Yes, we want you to earn a fair day’s pay for the work you do but, more importantly, we want you to feel that Prometheus is a HOME for your ideas and a career that helps you grow.
YOUR ROLE AND IMPACT
Some companies call them “Assistant Property Managers”, but at Prometheus our Assistant Neighborhood Directors do so much more. As an Assistant Neighborhood Diector, your role is a constant blend of:
- Financial Administration – Whether it is managing rent collections, reviewing ledgers, processing final account statements, or tracking invoices, you are on top if it all. You make every detail count and count every detail.
- Customer Service – You are a problem solver that makes renting easy. When Neighbors have questions on things like the pet policy or deposit charges, you help them find the answers. When the office gets busy, you are the first one to jump in and answer the phones or take a tour with a future Neighbor.
- Leadership - You lead by example and show our Prometheans that tomorrow matters. As the “second in command” at the Neighborhood, you help set the tone for the rest of the team. You have a passion to provide the personal coaching and development for your Neighbor Ambassadors to grow.
Sure, there is a lot on your plate, but our Assistant Neighborhood Directors love that. After all, you are the type of person who is looking for a job that will challenge you in new ways and provide you with the opportunity to grow. So if you are passionate about people and want to transform your property management job into a career, we invite you to take that step with us and call Prometheus your HOME.
- Working (part of the) Weekends - Our Neighborhoods are busiest on the weekends, so we'll need your help. Most commonly, your schedule will include regular days off of either Friday/Saturday or Sunday/Monday. Of course, we still want you to take vacation time, including weekends, and come back refreshed and relaxed. We offer great vacation perks, including your birthday!
- Your Experience - Property management is nothing new to you. You have been in the industry for at least one year already and understand the basics of bookkeeping, the dynamics of the rental market, and the rules that govern our industry.
- Your Cultural Traits - Although we’re a highly dispersed organization by the nature of our business, our Prometheans are strongly united by our Purpose, Mission and our Cultural Traits, which are a blend of Team Oriented, Communicator, Entrepreneurial, Passionate, Self-Starter, Creative, Principled, and Brand Ambassador skills.
- Your Education - Bachelor’s degree is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a variety of benefits that take compensation well beyond a paycheck. This includes traditional benefits and benefits you might not expect or know about, such as:
- 100% Paid Benefits (you read that right, Prometheus pays 100% of healthcare, vision, and dental insurance premiums for all Prometheans and their families)
- Unlimited paid volunteer time
- Housing discounts
- 401(K) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays, including your birthday!
Learn more about these and other perks of being a Promethean by exploring our full Benefits Guide.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
Our Assistant Neighborhood Director must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public.
- Must possess basic computational skills; add, subtract, divide, and multiply. Must have the ability to compute rate, discounts, interest, and commissions. Must be able to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions generated by a computer
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, OneSite and the Internet. Ability to type 40+ wpm.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to speak, communicate, read, write and understand the primary languages used in the workplace including, but not limited to, English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, to reach with arms, and to talk or hear.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by Prometheus Real Estate Group environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with residents, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Prometheus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Back to top