Financial Planning Analyst
The FP&A analyst will be play a key role in providing senior management with the tools and knowledge they need to best allocate the resources of the organization. Additionally, the FP&A analyst will help design and rollout a new companywide budgeting and forecasting system (Hyperion Planning). This position has a bonus potential of 6%-8%.
Budgeting, Forecasting & Analysis - Ensure budgetary planning and cost management is in alignment with Prometheus’ strategic plan. Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures. Assist Hyperion Planning end users during forecast and budget process
Business Platform Development & Special Projects - Assists with special financial and business related studies and cooperates with other departments in preparing analyses. Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, IT, consultants in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of budgeting systems to ensure optimal operational performance. Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes. Assists in developing an overall change management strategy for the budgeting and forecasting process
Upholding Standards - Perform additional duties and handle projects as assigned by the Vice President of Asset Management; Achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards; Comply fully with all Prometheus Real Estate Group rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Prometheus Real Estate Group’s facilities
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 1 – 2 years of related professional finance experience
- Knowledge & experience in financial modeling and Excel analysis tools, (Graphing, Vlookups, Pivots, etc.)
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational / financial model.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality; needs to be seen as a team player
- Analytical and critical thinker who is committed to learning
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively, and communicate information clearly and effectively
- Experience with Hyperion Planning preferred
Meet Some of Prometheus's Employees
Lauren’s role is a blend of customer service, sales, and administration. Every day she welcomes current Neighbors to the office and provides them with top-notch service while also showing new apartments to future Neighbors.
Back to top