Who we are looking for...
Promenade Group is growing rapidly and looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You will work to build out an entire ecosystem for our suite of tools as well as create features and functionality for our online small-medium business (SMB) platform. As our team grows you will help to architect the future of technology for our company.
We are looking for a technical leader who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and learn something new. We are changing the way business is done for local communities, have you seen enough to create change with us?
We’re looking for someone that…
- Writes code they are proud of. Code is a craft and they want to build on that craft.
- Takes initiative to solve problems. They see an issue and they are already thinking about how to solve it without being told there is a problem.
- Can architect the solutions to problems and communicate that with engineers and non-engineers.
- Can help mentor other engineers become better.
- Has seen enough that they have opinions. Not that they’re arrogant, but they have an opinion of why X is better than Y and can articulate that.
- Has worked in PHP 7 and potentially 8 for a while.
- May know some Node.js and aren’t afraid of getting into other languages.
Specifically, you will…
- Write clean, scalable, and robust PHP code based on best practices and industry standards.
- Help design and build on our PHP 8.1 platform and build new products and services, outside of our verticals.
- Implementation of our REST APIs which will power our next generation front end applications.
- Build and maintain tools and services to be used across teams, verticals, and domains.
- Mentor other engineers on best practices via pair programming sessions.
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive Compensation based on experience
- Remote-first work environment with brilliant colleagues from around the world.
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate impact
- Room for growth and upward mobility in a scaling company!
You will excel if you know what some of these key/buzz words are…
- PHP 7, PHP 8, Magento, Symfony, Laravel, Bref, Serverless, Lambda, Docker, Node.js, MySQL, Aurora, ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached, DynamoDB, MongoDB, DocumentDB, AWS, React, Amphp, Swoole, ReactPHP, OpenAPI, Swagger, Postman, JSON-Schema, Stripe, SQS, RabbitMQ, OpenID, OAuth, GraphQL, Selenium, PHPUnit, PHPStan
- And maybe you can answer why composition is better than inheritance.
More about us - Promenade
Promenade is a mission-driven company empowering local businesses with products and services that allow them to thrive online and offline. We build vertically-focused software catered to each industry we serve, leveling the playing field between the small business and large aggregators. Promenade was originally founded in 2011 as BloomNation, the nation’s premier network for local florists, disrupting the multi-billion dollar floral industry. After helping thousands of local florists across the country, we doubled down on our mission and began helping more small businesses who carried the same challenges of acquiring and retaining their own customers. Today, Promenade creates software for four industries - Floral (BloomNation), Food (Dig-in), Beverage (Swigg), and Breweries (Bevv). The company is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world-famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join Promenade?
If you want a front-row seat in seeing a company disrupt a massive industry and you love the idea of helping hardworking business owners that serve our local communities and neighborhoods, this is your place. At Promenade, everyone has a voice to create change and move the needle. No hierarchy, no bureaucracy, no politics...just real people working on solving real problems.